shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I wearing my studs too tight?

smiley12345

Rough_Rock
This is the first pair I’ve had with these jumbo backs - can someone help me understand how tight I need to wear them to be secure?

The backings are hard to go on and once they click in they feel secure but I’ve been pushing them up against the back of my ear tight as I’m scared of the back falling off and loosing a stud.

My ears now feel a bit sore.. and when I take the earrings at out at night there are deep marks. Is this normal? Am I wearing them too tight or do I just need to get used to them.

They are 2 ctw

Thank you!

1418C821-AB7F-4FC5-90C1-443868985171.jpeg E39DC369-3985-4409-B449-DBA4CA4E108C.jpeg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you're wearing them too tight but I do the same thing.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think you are wearing them too tight.....then you are. It's ok to loosen them up.
They only need to face up nicely in your earlobe without drooping.

smiley12345

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Does it make any difference in security if the post is more (vs less) through the backing. Or is it “once it’s on it’s on” and tighter is not necessarily more secure.

I hope that makes sense.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Your earrings are beautiful! I’ve been wondering the same thing for my studs (slightly smaller than yours). My earlobes aren’t very thick, so I’m somewhere between the cut out at the end of the post and right up agains my ear (otherwise I have marks, too). Yesterday I backed them up to the cutoff and they drooped. Today, I had them somewhere between, but by the end of day, they were jammed up against my ear and hurt. I must have fiddled with them…. I’ve been using the Levears backings and I really like them, but my earlobes are small and they only fit at an angle, and if not right up against my ear, they turn and peer out from behind my ear. Lol. Not the best look. I can’t wait to see what others have to say on the topic - so thanks for posting the question!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your studs likely will droop if you don't push the back gently to your ear. It shouldn't hurt, but these backs are definitely meant to go to the ear if you don't want the earrings to droop.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
That's what my lobes look like when I take mine off at night too, but mine don't hurt at all. Yours shouldn't hurt.

smiley12345

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! my piercings are definitely quite sore - I’m giving my ears a break for a few days. Not sure if it’s a combination of the backings and weight or maybe the white gold itself - my ears were sore, very itchy and just irritated yesterday at end of day. I’m not really seeing any swelling..

I’ll give it some time and see how it goes. I may ask the jeweler to switch to platinum posts if the piercing is stays irritated.

Iola80

Rough_Rock
I deal with that issue too. I don't understand how people can sleep in them and wear the overnight.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
My ears don’t like pressure. They will feel sore and itchy if the backs are just a smidge too tight. Have you tried wearing bling dots? They help support the weight of the earring. I can wear heavier studs if I use bling dots and I don’t have to put them on as tight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results