shape
carat
color
clarity

am i the only person that feels stupid talking...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
to them answering machines?

most of the time i just hang up or say a couple of 4 letter words and then hang up.
37.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I refuse to leave messages in my personal life. I will absolutely not give over to the machines!!

When I had to leave messages for work purposes it about killed me. Talking to 25 machines and sounding like I only had half a brain between them, drove me crazy! I think I''m fairly intelligent IRL, but for some reason when I''m talking to a machine I become a rambling idiot!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Maybe.

I leave long, rambling messages...much like the conversation I would have had with my friend, just without their half of the conversation.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Not at all. In fact, a lot of the times I prefer them, because I hate talking on the phone. This way, people can see I called, but I don''t have to actually stay on the phone--which is even better
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
nope... I''ll leave really long messages and basically talk to your machine as if you were there.... cuz usually when I''m calling I''ve got juice and I need to SPILL!!!!!!!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:52:47 PM
Author: tlh
nope... I''ll leave really long messages and basically talk to your machine as if you were there.... cuz usually when I''m calling I''ve got juice and I need to SPILL!!!!!!!!!
My FSIL is like this. I get antsy listening to her messages because they are sooooo long. She been known to leave messages that exceed 5 minutes. She just keeps going and going and going...

gotta love her.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:55:22 PM
Author: Bia

My FSIL is like this. I get antsy listening to her messages because they are sooooo long. She been known to leave messages that exceed 5 minutes. She just keeps going and going and going...

gotta love her.
My friend leaves long messages too and I usually delete them half way through because she will bring up the exact same stuff as soon as I call her and why torture myself by listening to all her drama two times over?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:51:00 PM
Author: princesss
Maybe.

I leave long, rambling messages...much like the conversation I would have had with my friend, just without their half of the conversation.

OMG Princess - ROFLMAO, so funny to picture this
3.gif

I''m more the brief and to-the-point message type. I actually get much more annoyed when people leave me long, rambling messages, except when they are from my friends
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 3:58:16 PM
Author: MC

My friend leaves long messages too and I usually delete them half way through because she will bring up the exact same stuff as soon as I call her and why torture myself by listening to all her drama two times over?
rotflmao2.gif

lunchtime!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t feel weird leaving messages at all.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I don''t mind doing it, but I don''t really like the phone anyway. I prefer to text
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I tend to be a controlling perfectionist, so I rehearse before I leave messages. They still come out sounding stupid.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:35:53 PM
Author: cellentani
I tend to be a controlling perfectionist, so I rehearse before I leave messages. They still come out sounding stupid.
I've only done this a handful of times and most recently when I had to call and say my son wasn't going to a party. It had to have been obvious that I was reading what I had planned to say. I felt SO guilty calling to say he couldn't go and that was why I planned out the call. Normally, I just say "uh," a lot so clearly I don't think much before calling.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nanny always thought I was on the phone when she called and got the answering machine. She was like Lisa, Lisa?? Then she''d say a swear word and hang up!!!!
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:02:06 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 5/27/2009 3:51:00 PM

Author: princesss

Maybe.

OMG Princess - ROFLMAO, so funny to picture this
3.gif

I'm more the brief and to-the-point message type. I actually get much more annoyed when people leave me long, rambling messages, except when they are from my friends
1.gif

My friends usually don't have to call me back, lol.
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m an auditor. My calls tend to go straight to voicemail. I wonder why
37.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
umm, my messages are usually fast, sometimes rambling not a good combo, but at least they know who it is
9.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate listening to them almost as much as I hate speaking into them. I never check my voicemail. Isn''t that what caller ID is for?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:55:22 PM

gotta love her.
Yeah, I''m that bad... but the weird part is.. I never check my own VM... probably because whenever I call people they just repeat the same story. Usually I''m just like, "didn''t you listen to my message...ok, RD version.. today sucked.." or whatever, and yes, I''m sure I''ve left messages (when invibed
embeer.gif
) that have exceeded 5 minutes..

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:51:11 PM
Not at all. In fact, a lot of the times I prefer them, because I hate talking on the phone. This way, people can see I called, but I don''t have to actually stay on the phone--which is even better
9.gif

I''m the exact same. In lots of situations I definitely prefer to leave a message with an answering machine!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how do you rehearse ?
33.gif
do you hung up and then call back after your rehearsel ?
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always leave a message, doesn''t bother me. On the other hand, OMG!!! I have one friend, who goes on and on and on, until the machine doesn''t record anymore. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
23.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually don''t leave messages unless it is really important.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:28:23 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Ditto! This may be mostly because I hate listening to voice messages now. Too impatient? I text more than call these days.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:54:35 PM
Author: icekid

Ditto! This may be mostly because I hate listening to voice messages now. Too impatient? I text more than call these days.
Thritto but don''t know how to text. I hate listening to messages. I will look at caller ID and call back if need be.. I am terrible about checking my voicemail, at home and on my cell.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 9:11:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 5/27/2009 8:54:35 PM
Author: icekid

Thritto but don''t know how to text. I hate listening to messages. I will look at caller ID and call back if need be.. I am terrible about checking my voicemail, at home and on my cell.
6.gif
now i feel better. i thought DF was the only tech dummy on PS.
innocentwhistle.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depending on my mood, I'll say "s'me, call me back", or I'll leave a long involved message, rambling on about whatever. If it's my bff, I'll ask her why she is currently unavailable to take my call and is she out looking for a new best friend? does she like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain? Then I'll give some random quotes from my MIL (we always thought we'd collaborate on a book about our respective MIL's). Sometimes I just breathe heavy and say helloooooo over and over in a whisper voice. We stalk each other. It's fun.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:51:11 PM
9.gif

I feel exactly like this.
In fact if people do not leave a message on my machine they have a very hard time to reach me.
So I have no problem leaving my message.I do it all the time.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:50:46 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Nanny always thought I was on the phone when she called and got the answering machine. She was like Lisa, Lisa?? Then she''d say a swear word and hang up!!!!
3.gif
hahaha, my grandma does the same thing. I''m tempted to do it too sometimes (the swearing part, I mean). Hate them answering machines! I usually say "This is AdiS, give me a call. Bye." I''m a woman of few words. lol

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 6:20:13 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

how do you rehearse ?
33.gif
do you hung up and then call back after your rehearsel ?
9.gif
Well noooooo - that would be kinda dumb. Whenever I call people, I usually expect to get their answering machine, so I just do a quick mental rehearsal of what information I need to leave before I dial - I''m not practicing in front of a mirror or anything! And I hardly ever call friends just to chat - I text or email. Seems less intrusive that way, and they can get back to me at their leisure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results