shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I terrible for wanting a “Jewel Of the Week” ?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a ring to unveil tomorrow on my birthday. It has been asked “does your other half buy you presents you don’t really like?” My secret is “buy your own”. Sure takes away the “oooh surprise” but it does prevent the “ahhh, hmmm”.
This prize ring has been seen before, I purchased it off a fellow Pser (though quieter in forums these days).
To me it is the ultimate ring, the design, the workmanship is beyond anything I’ve ever seen, except in “those” magazines. Never would have I thought that I could afford such a work of Art, but I have.
As part of the “plea deal” with DH I will have to rehome my beloved and glorious opal ring, sigh, great opals are like hens teeth. They just aren’t finding them as frequently as before and apparently the best gems are whisked away to Asian markets where they are some very deep pockets for the best of the best. But this one is better, the ring, not the opal, so that’s saying something!
And I really want to it to score a “jewel of the week”. Am I terrible for looking at the other glorious rings and thinking hmmmm, maybe I’ll save it for a “quieter week” if there is one?
And for once having porky fingers has worked in my favour. This ring can’t be resized and it fits me perfectly.
Meant to be I’d say.
Stay tuned.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aaahhh @Bron357 such a tease! But you do have wonderful taste! So ready to see this piece! And Happy Birthday!
-C4C :mrgreen2: making me green with envy already!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a jewel of the week once and I didn't realize it for over a week. I am obviously not that observant online.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like you have your jewel of the year (or decade)! The extra recognition would be nice but I think it’s obviously how you feel about it that’s most important.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think PS only chooses JOTW based on that week’s posts only.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
How many JOTW is there each week? Is it only one?

@Bron357 happy birthday!! Wishing you many more healthy and gem filled happy days to come.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Bron! Can't wait to see your new bauble!!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357, wishing you abundance of health, happiness & blings not just tomorrow but all year through :boohoo:
Can’t wait for your new ring to be unveiled :geek:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot wait to see it Bron and Happy Birthday! I’m with you, all my jewels have been been thought of and requested by me. DH gets the credit but it’s community property. I’m happy he’s happy :mrgreen2:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got JOTW once and didn’t even know :lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Woman, you are a tease! I want to see your new sparkly! Waiting, waiting, waiting...

naivemelody

Rough_Rock
No I don't blame you. I would've thought you'd have multiple JOTWs somewhere along the way. Guess it's like Leo DiCaprio getting nominated but never winning the Oscar all those years? He finally did though ;-)

I'd trade you a JOTW for a nice opal :lol: JK that'll have to stay on my bucket list for a while longer even though it's my birthstone.

Super curious about your new acquisition!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww you are a cutie Bron!!!!! I adore how you admitted to wanting JOTW! :lol:

I hope you get it and I can't wait to see your ring!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all want recognition once in a while right? My wonderful DH prefers to be recognized for his trash removal efforts. :P2 Personally, I already think you’re a winner (that surprise estate sale find ruled the boards for weeks)!

Regardless, I want to wish you a very happy birthday and I hope your wish comes true. ;)2
Plus, I can’t wait to see the unveiling.

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Not at all @Bron357 . The competition was stiff this week. Honestly there are so many treasures on this site that I absolutely LOVE and consider them iconic pieces to me that aren't tagged JOTW. It would have been very nice to be recognized but i LOVE My ring and that's enough for me. Not being tagged does NOT diminish my excitement and willingness to proclaim her beauty one bit! That's all that really matter in the end right? ;)2

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your alexandrite bracelet did not get JOW? What a shame. That is one of the most iconic peices on here. Maybe you can borrow one of the JOW from some of the posters who have more than one for themselves??:lol:

Can't wait to see your ring!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, you are not terrible about wanting your ring to be JOTW.

By overtly posting about your JOTW want, however, you may have put Admin in a difficult position: If they choose your ring as JOTW other members may feel if they post that they too want JOTW that Admin should pick theirs as well. If Admin doesn't pick your ring, then you may feel a personal slight that Admin chose to deny your request to have your ring be JOTW. [Note: I am using the term "Admin" loosely as I believe there is a PS Social Media person who handles the JOTW.

FWIW it seems this is the criteria for JOTW
upload_2019-7-20_9-11-43.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think you should enjoy your bling and love it no matter who says it is gorgeous. But I don't think you are terrible for wanting the recognition. It's just so subjective yanno? And that might be the decision of just one person so even that much more subjective if you kwim.
Wishing you a happy birthday and I know your ring is beautiful no matter if it gets the JOTW or not. Of course posting about it might help your chances since you want it so much...

HB @Bron357
1236088g0hr2ipvh9.gif

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your alexandrite bracelet did not get JOW? What a shame. That is one of the most iconic peices on here. Maybe you can borrow one of the JOW from some of the posters who have more than one for themselves??:lol:

Can't wait to see your ring!!!
Especially from the ones who have more than one and they are questionable pieces, not for everyone.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some statements here make me wonder if JOTW brings more unhappy ( or indifferent) feelings than joy or positive interest in someone else’s happy.

Can’t please everyone.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One caution I have had with JOTW is that it is advertised on the newsletter sent out to whoever. That has always given me pause. Of course, for the person who flipped her JOTWs within a week of getting each designation, I suppose that isn’t an issue, just sayin.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t mind if someone posted a “let it go” meme here for me to look at :lol:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One caution I have had with JOTW is that it is advertised on the newsletter sent out to whoever. That has always given me pause.

This is confusing to me.
Does it mean you think that since it’s ‘advertised’ to consumers and the trade, it may influence what those jewelers market for their own wares and you find that unappealing?
Just curious.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is confusing to me.
Does it mean you think that since it’s ‘advertised’ to consumers and the trade, it may influence what those jewelers market for their own wares and you find that unappealing?
Just curious.

No, to me maybe it’s false security thinking someone has to come here and find what I post, but then blasting it out on a newsletter to whoever in the universe makes me uncomfortable. I’m not sure the logic works there but it’s an unknown thing for me.. who out there in email land is learning about my new piece.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we put our hearts and souls into our unicorn rings it's only natural we want jewel of the week. looking so forward to your new ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Bron!
bdayparty.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results