shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I paying a fair price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Weapon_R

Rough_Rock
I have asked a diamond broker to find me the ''perfect'' princess cut diamond for me as I am not very well versed with diamonds. Yes, I know that I can search the 4 C''s etc, but I also believe that how a diamond is cut and where it comes from effects its sparkle.

Today, I received what I believe is the perfect diamond, both taking into account my criteria and her educated opinion.

I don''t have the sarin with me, but the proportions are what she described as "perfect".

1.02 ct VS1 E color
Princess shape
EX Polish, VG Symmetry
Signature Ideal cut
Taken from an excellent top grade ''rough'' and cut by a very good cutter
5.56 - 5.44 x 3.92
No fluorescence.

Now I am using a broker because I do not understand the other numbers, and she has informed me that this is a stunning dazzler that will hold its own against the best. She''s asking $5600USD for it. Is this a fair price for a diamond of this stature if it''s as described ie - spectacular?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I would simply go by the seller saying this diamond has "perfect" proportions. Who has graded this diamond. Do you really need/want clarity this high?

Weapon_R

Rough_Rock
GIA diamond, and yes I want this clarity because I want it to look brilliant and its what im looking for. If what she says is true, however, is this a good price?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Brilliance has nothing to do with clarity.

You can put the specs into the "pricescope your diamond" above to see what similar diamonds are going for.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at Whiteflash's "X Factor" Princess Cuts ?
And their A Cut Above Princess Cuts ?

I am sure one of the great folks at Whiteflash would be glad to work you through finding
a perfect stone. Just tell them what you want.

www.whiteflash.com

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This 1 ct F VS2 is 1K more than the E http://www.diamondexpert.com/diamonds/dbs.cgi?sf=detd.setup.cgi&active=active&stock=PR20105001&submit_search=1

Different people see value in different things.

The price for the E is neither outrageously low (in which case we might tell you to run because there's probably something wrong with it) nor outrageously high. That's probably the best anyone can do.

Your problem is that you don't know if you should pay 4.6K or 5.6K for the stone. Well, it's everyone's problem...

Weapon_R

Rough_Rock
Well, it''s everyone''s problem...

Hah, you''re telling me...The most obvious problem with me is price. I sit and think "okay, i''ll just spend 5k and get whatever I can find", and then a few mins later, ask myself "if this is a 1 time buy, and i''m spending 5k, why not spend 5500 and do it right, the first time". This is why my budget fluctuates, and I think it has to in order to find the right diamond. I KNOW I can get her a great diamond at 5k, but whenever we visit the jewelry shop and compare 2 diamonds side by side, it''s clear why some cost more than others [and sparkle more] despite having identical characteristics.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
life is hard, ain''t it?
3.gif

Under 5K http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00436626

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results