shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I cursed? Or, where there''s smoke . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I had horrible luck with two Haier ultrasonic cleaners (they basically disintegrated, fell apart at the seams, both of them), so I decided my problem was not spending enough and I went with the Sharper Image. And guess what . . . it started seriously smoking! It didn't shut itself off, and I forgot to check on it. When my husband went to investigate the unusual noise it was making, he found it smoking. I had filled it and used it correctly. The smoke came out for several minutes and the smell never really went away. Needless to say it didn't work after that.

That said, Sharper Image has been really great with the return. I didn't have my receipt and it was past the 60 day return policy, but I emailed them, and they just emailed back a UPS mailing label for the return. I'll receive a refund once they receive it since apparently they no longer sell that exact model. After DH and I move in a month and things are settled down I'm going to order another one. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the SI model; if anything, the problem seems to be with me and my "smokin' hot" jewelry
1.gif
. . . three years ago I burned my kitchen down!

So now all I have to clean my beauties is a little jar of Connoisseurs.
15.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the electical system in your house (or just this outselt)? Do you plug other things into this particular outlet?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear.

But surely you have dish detergent, and maybe amonia? that would help get you through...

My SI bit the dust too. I just received a different one from Dave Atlas, and will be writing a review on it here tomorrow. You can see if it sounds like something you might like to try.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results