shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I Crazy? Have you ever...

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Searched for a custom setting for a gem, had it made, it looks gorgeous, have it for a few weeks....Then decide the setting just doesn't do it for you?

Am I Crazy? Why am I asking this? Yes! Im crazy and impulsive! :twirl: What is wrong with me!!! :errrr: ;(

Im I alone! :sick:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Ha, you mean the one you just listed now gone? I have to admit, I saw that and thought you were crazy. You're in fine company though.

I have gone over board buying pre-fab stuff I loved but just don't wear all that often. I have to divest and remind myself I wear the same favorite pieces all the time.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No it happens... Maybe the stone darkens in it or something like it. It usually happens when the setting does not match the stone, you may not consciously realize it but subconsciously you feel it. I had such a problem a couple of times.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I have. I had a ring made last year that I wore for a while and liked, but I'm not sure about right now. I was going to ask the jeweller if he could redo the engraving, maybe that would help. Otherwise, I'm basically hanging on to it hoping I'll fall in love with it again.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1310419492|2966750 said:
Ha, you mean the one you just listed now gone? I have to admit, I saw that and thought you were crazy. You're in fine company though.

I have gone over board buying pre-fab stuff I loved but just don't wear all that often. I have to divest and remind myself I wear the same favorite pieces all the time.

Yeah!!lol :lol: But I kept it! I deleted the listing.

I need to remind myself of a few things, I guess. Whew.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1310419519|2966751 said:
No it happens... Maybe the stone darkens in it or something like it. It usually happens when the setting does not match the stone, you may not consciously realize it but subconsciously you feel it. I had such a problem a couple of times.

Yes...that's it, subconsciously, something just isn't right. :blackeye:

I'm not alone....

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
ZestfullyBling|1310421712|2966773 said:
kelpie|1310419492|2966750 said:

Yeah!!lol :lol: But I kept it! I deleted the listing.

I need to remind myself of a few things, I guess. Whew.
Thank goodness! Come and talk before you do something impulsive next time. That's what the sounding board is for here. So glad you're keeping it

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Hopefully I made better decisions now than before and get opinions on PS before I get something.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guuuurl, you know I do it. Um, my pink Barry? Pains me so. But it's a learning experience. A very expensive learning experience.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Can we see the setting you are talking about?

I think the difficult thing about custom is that one cannot be sure how a ring will look. I'm learning that I should just stick with someone whose rings I consistently love because will infuse their great artistic taste into the project. Making beautiful jewelry is as much an art as it is a science.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Pfft. I bought jeans that I thought were nice in the store because they were on sale. brought them home and realised they were actually not. And they were too tight. Sale items are non refundable. Sigh...

But who knows, you might fall back in love with it later on. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes it happens; while the design itself may be jaw dropping gorgeous, it may not be right for that particular stone. Fortunately, settings can always be re-used, so in time, you might find a more suitable stone for it and a better home for the current gemstone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results