shape
carat
color
clarity

am I being unreasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I''m wondering whether it is reasonable for me to be annoyed that my engagement ring mounting won''t be here tomorrow as I had requested. I was originally told that it would be ready mid-January. Then, I was informed that it would be late January. I sent an email requesting that, when the ring is shipped, it is sent overnight. On Monday, I emailed the vendor to say that the ring needed to arrive by Friday because my fiance and I will be leaving for a trip next Monday and needed the ring before we left. Today, I got an email with a FedEx tracking number indicating that the ring won''t arrive until Monday -- it was sent 2nd day air, not overnight. I called FedEx who said that it is possible to change a delivery date on a package that has already shipped, but the shipper must make the request and there are no guarantees. I emailed the vendor and told them that I was very disappointed. I asked that they call FedEx to change the delivery date. Is this a reasonable request and reaction? I do understand that these things happen and it''s not the worst thing in the world, but I was counting on it being here in time. Drat!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds reasonable to me.
I would be pissed if I wanted it for a trip and it didnt make it there on time when it was suposed too.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
You''re not being unreasonable!! I would be upset too if I wanted my ring for a trip and didn''t have it...after being promised it would be. I wonder if calling the vendor would be a better option for you...you won''t have to wait for someone to respond. Hopefully you can get them to contact FedEx in time!

So go make that call! And have fun on your trip!

Newfeeflip

Rough_Rock
I totally agree...you''re not being unreasonable one bit. I didn''t think I was going to get my ring in time so I told my jeweller my departure date was a week earlier than it actually was. I was getting the runaround for a couple weeks and my mid-Jan deadline had passed without a ring...just an "I''m working on the ring" response...so I decided to "lie" to him. I''m sure I would have recieved the ring yesterday instead of a week ago if I didn''t do this. I''ve been so busy these last couple of days I''m glad I got the ring earlier. I agree with orbaya...maybe talking to a "real" person instead of email is better. Good luck with it all.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, you''re definitely not being unreasonably. I really hope it works out for you!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grrr. I hate that. Since it was already behind schedule, you''d think the least they could do is ship it out overnight instead of 2 day.

Definitely call the sender and see if that can be fixed! You have every right to be mad.

Good Luck.

FireGoddess

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support and validation. I already spoke to the vendor and they sincerely apologized for the error. They called Fed Ex to change the delivery date, but it is by no means guaranteed that it will arrive any earlier than originally promised. The package is already in Oakland, CA and I''m in Seattle, so I''m just hoping that it can make it here on time. It''s so close and yet so far away
emsmile.gif
! Anyway, I''ll keep you all posted.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Well, it didn't get here today. I'm not sure why. It's in Seattle at the Fed Ex facility, but I guess for whatever reason it didn't make it on the truck in time. I guess the good news is that our trip has been postponed for work-related reasons which means I will be here to receive my ring and have my stone mounted. Monday feels like it's so far away! Do diamonds keep anyone else up at night or am I just totally insane!? I guess I'll just be counting the hours...

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Awww, too bad Demelza! No, you are not the only one who obsesses over these things. I can''t say that they keep me awake at night, because NOTHING keeps me awake at night, but I spend a lot of my daytime hours obsessing!

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
Hi Demelza
I was so excited with my recent diamond purchase that I only had about 4 hours sleep the 2 nights before it arrived. I am usually out like a light for 8 hours solid! The adrenaline was really pumping as I did not even feel tired.

Good to know it wasn''t just me. Hang in there until Monday.
1.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2005 6:15
6.gif
6 PM
Author: Demelza
Well, it didn''t get here today. I''m not sure why. It''s in Seattle at the Fed Ex facility, but I guess for whatever reason it didn''t make it on the truck in time. I guess the good news is that our trip has been postponed for work-related reasons which means I will be here to receive my ring and have my stone mounted. Monday feels like it''s so far away! Do diamonds keep anyone else up at night or am I just totally insane!? I guess I''ll just be counting the hours...
Breath In-Breath Out. Now, isn''t that better? And no, your not being unreasonable. The Fed-Ex people view it as a package. They don''t care that your getting and ulcer.
40.gif
The vendor views it as a sale already made, so their in no hurry. If you want, all us PSers can bombard the vendor and Fed-Ex with emails until you get your ring
31.gif
!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results