shape
carat
color
clarity

am i being too particular about triple x?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ling0882434

Rough_Rock
i guess it still comes down to mind clean vs eye clean. i know ex vs. vg polish/symmetry probably invisible to eye, is it? then y am i so particular about triple x...? shall i broaden my choices?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 10:02:11 AM
Author:ling0882434
i guess it still comes down to mind clean vs eye clean. i know ex vs. vg polish/symmetry probably invisible to eye, is it? then y am i so particular about triple x...? shall i broaden my choices?
Hi Ling,

Evaluate each GIA Excellent cut grade and any ex ex polish and symmetry on proportions to see which are likely to be the best performers. If you want triple ex then fine but as the Excellent cut grade can allow for less desirable angle configurations, check each out carefully to find the best ones.

It is said good and above for polish and symmetry looks the same to the naked untrained eye, but with well cut diamonds usually these grades are at least VG as part of the diamond's finish. You could also consider AGS0 cut grade if you want a top cut diamond.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends. If you are variable in your search for color/clarity/size and want triple X don''t compromise. However if you are looking for a rare stone in size/color and clarity and don''t want to budge there then yes budge on the x/x/x.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results