shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I being overly cautious (or slightly crazy)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''ve been engaged for a month and a half now. I have this weird thing - I still can''t bring myself to wash my hands with my ring on! I always take my ring off when I wash my hands and wait until my lotion dries before I place the ring back on. And, because I am a camel (I drink at least 3 liters of water a day), I have to use the ladies room often. I feel like I should say that about two weeks after I got my ring, there was a little problem with it (I''ve detailed it in another thread on the forum, but basically, my ring is platinum and these yellow spots appeared in the metal setting), which has now been fixed. Since then, I''ve been even more cautious.

Am I being crazy or overly cautious (or both, really)? Has anyone else babied their ring in the beginning? I know my ring should be really durable as it is platinum, but I can''t seem to wrap my mind around washing my hands with the ring on.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I always take my rings off before I wash my hands. No use getting them gunked up with soap - it will dull the brilliance of the stones, and once the residue dries it will be difficult to remove.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you''re being overly cautious if you want to "protect" your ring, as water and soap shouldn''t harm platinum.

BUT I also take my rings off to avoid getting the stones gunked up since I clean them everyday.

So I don''t think you''re crazy for doing it!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Most soap isn't really "soap" and can be used to soak and clean jewelry! Just rinse thoroughly. I'm afraid to take my rings off and risk an unfortunate incident
6.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Best to clean your ring at night..take it off (if you choose to) and put it in the same safe place
every night. Then, wake up to a clean dazzling ring.

If you take your ring off too many times during the day...you might just get distracted and lose the ring.

It happens.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re being way too cautios!!! Its a platinum...and it can take it...if youre that scared, its not a bad idea to just go to a jeweler to have it cleaned every so often! I would...but I wouldnt want to take my ring off that often....I would also be scared of loosing it....just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results