shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I being bamboozled?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonderwoman1114

Rough_Rock
I just dont feel right about this. The jeweler said he would custom make me a platinum setting with 5 princess cut diamonds on the side to equal a carat. The center stone is a princess cut 1.01 d color, vs2. But here''s the catch - the cut is bad - 65%table 79.6 Depth. Still a nice eye clean diamond, but is the whole package worth 5,800? Does this seem too much, or is it a good bargain?
sick.gif

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
WW1114-

I just picked up my gf's ring on Saturday. Mine is virtually all Platinum with a tiny raised channel in 18K yellow. there are a total of 6 princess cut stones, G, VS2 with a weight of .31 carats and two round, G, VS2 stones weighing .39 carats total. My center stone is a 1.00 carat, Princess, G, VVS2 with a 70.2 Depth and 86% table. As I am finding out from this site, the cut is not perfect, but it sparkles quite well. It is a very clean stone, no imperfections to the eye at all and when I compared to an E in the store, my G looked whiter (even outdoors in natural light). I paid a total of $6,425 before tax. So how much does cut matter? I have no stinkin' idea. I do know that my ring looks outstanding and I will be posting pics next week.

Don't know if that helps or not, but it's my two cents nonetheless.

tongue.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
------------
But here's the catch - the cut is bad - 65%table
79.6 Depth
------------

WonderWoman, are you basing your assessment of the cut being "bad" based on just these two figures?

A 65% table is an AGA "1A" characteristic, while a 79.6% depth is a "2B" characteristic. Both are far from being "bad".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results