shape
carat
color
clarity

alterations quote reasonable??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All
So I went and picked up my gown yesterday ( it came in ) YAY!
I am a terrible PS''er as I have NO PICTURES> i do not even have a digital camera, LOL
FI has one and he took my avatar which is my soon to be wedding band/ but i dont have my own yet and can''t take pics of me in my dress w/ his camera obviously.
ANYWAY, we took my dress to the seamstress to get a quote for rmy alterations.
My dress is maggie sottero = felicity http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=felicity&line=m&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=A407
the dress looks so different on me then here in this pic.
anyway - she is going to
1) take veil and applying velcrow to it and the tiara so they can easily attach
2) she is re-doing the cap sleeves and adding an elastic to them so they will stay in place all night (no falling off shoulders) and i can move my arms up and down freely all night
3) doing a 2 layer under bustle for me that looks like jstar''s friend in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/question-about-bustles.108986/
4) she is doiong the hem, taking about 10 inches to 1 foot off - im only 5''3 if that.

SO, the quote she gave me was $275. Is that high? seemed it to me, but i have never done this before. what do you guys thinK?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Glad I could provide you with some inspiration! I''m sure it will turn out beautifully.

As for the price, it doesn''t look too bad. You''re getting a lot of work done, and I''d guess that the hem and bustle would each go for $100+ on their own.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
That seems right, in fact I would kill for my alterations to come out to that. You found a great deal! Work on that whole getting pictures up for us thing! We want to see
1.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
yes jstar = im sooo excited about the bustle. i brought the pics of your friends bustle with me, and she showed it to me a few ways in addition to like hers.
i am going with it like hers. so excited.
and yes sba i NEED to work on the photos thing. IM SORRY
i did take some of my corset back on my cell phone camera but i dont think i can get those up here - can i?

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
I think the price is right. If you''re taking off 10"--12" she''ll be re-working the crystal/beading detail at the bottom of the front of the skirt (so that it doesn''t get cut off) in order for the beading detail to remain proportionate to the skirt. Your dress is just beautiful! I like it very much with the cap sleeves!!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No, that price is very good. I''m having the top of the back and front of the gown taken in (top is all beaded lace), hemming (only a few inches, but honestly it doesn''t really matter how much of a hem except if it has to be done at the waist; that''s more expensive and more labor intensive), and the bustle being done, and it''s costing me $300.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results