shape
carat
color
clarity

Almost to home base! Just a couple of steps to go...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_rookie

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

Thank you for all your help and suggestions last time. I'm almost there, just need a little more guidance to help finalize this process.

I've found a "potential" keeper. It's a 37 pointer F VS1 AGS 0 for $995. Is this a great buy? I think it is, but would appreciate your feedback though.

I currently do not have the crucial information like crown <, pavilion <, table%, depth%, girdle%, and culet%. I think the merchant said he was unable to get certificate for it since it's under 1/2 carat. I'll have to double check. However, I was able to compare it next to an Eightstar 42 points E VS2. Boy oh boy! The 37 pointer looks just as brilliant and perform just as well as the Eighstar under the firescope. I also looked at them both under my Idealscope (the professional model) to double check. It still looks good! Frankly, the 37 pointer looks like diamond shown in question 7 of "Test Your Skills" in the Idealscope Tutorial section.

My concern now is finding a good local independent appraiser. Could you please suggest a good independent appraiser in Austin, Texas? Also, if the merchant is unable to get the crown <, table%, etc., is that still necessary?--since I already saw how it performs under the firescope and idealscope. In addition, who would I go to get an identity number laser inscribed on it? Is there a service out there that does both, laser inscribed an identity number and independently appraised?

Thanks again,

diamond rookie

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is an excellent price, you know the cut is great because you have ideal-scoped it.
And if your relationship with the vendor is good you may not need to bother paying for an appraiser on a small purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results