shape
carat
color
clarity

almost there...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

student

Shiny_Rock
After doing quite a bit of research, I feel pretty confident in my choice, and I'll have a top independent appraiser check it out, but I feel like the pre-purchase posting of stats is a bit of a rite of passage here on pricescope, and I don't want to miss out!

Here are the numbers:

Carat 0.72
Color F
Clarity VS2
Table % 56
Depth % 60.1
Crown Angle ° 34.4
Crown % 15.2
Pavilion Angle ° 40.6
Pavilion % 42.8
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.0%-1.4% Thin to Medium Facet
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Inert
HCA: 1.3
Price: $3168

It's an H&A with the idealscope image showing edge to edge light return. The same vendor has a similar diamond with an HCA of .4, but their expert told me he would pick this one based on the finer aspects of cut, clarity, and visual appearance. I suppose my only lingering question at the moment is whether it is worth having an independent appraiser look at two or three stones rather than just one to get his opinion of how they compare. I'm inclined to think this isn't necessary, or worth the additional cost.

Any comments are welcome.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It sounds yummy :lickout:

----------------
I suppose my only lingering question at the moment is whether it is worth having an independent appraiser look at two or three stones rather than just one to get his opinion of how they compare. I'm inclined to think this isn't necessary, or worth the additional cost.
----------------

I guess it depends how comfortable you feel with the vendor. I assume all the stones are ideal cut so basically it is just a matter of minor details and personal taste. Nobody probably will be able to see such small differences in everyday life anyway. But this is just my opininon :)

student

Shiny_Rock
The vendor has been great so far and is highly regarded, so I think I'll be fine sending the one stone. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Leonid!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results