shape
carat
color
clarity

(Almost) Ready to Buy! 1.38ct RB, H VS2

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
After months of searching, I think I've decided on this 1.38ct, H color, VS2 stone.
https://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-1-38-Carat-H-color-GIA-certified/D-JWF1Q0

It scores 1.3 on HCA, but I was not able to get an ASET or idealscope image. I will be getting a Sarin report and will be viewing the diamond in person at Steve Padis in SF prior to purchasing. Hopefully, I'll be able to compare it to other well cut diamonds before making my final decision.

Does anyone have any concerns or red flags about this diamond? From the video, I see several small black inclusions under the table, but I'm hoping it will still be eye clean when I view it. Also, I see that the crown angle is slightly higher than ideal (35.5) but it still scores well on HCA.

Thanks for your advice. I'm getting very nervous and excited at the same time!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone looks beautiful. Slightly deeper cut but should have plenty of fire. Looks very symmetrical. I look forward to your other images and sarin report.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like ASET images when the crown angle goes over 35, but it is definitely worth seeing in person.

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments! Do you think it would be worth it to purchase an Ideal Scope or will jewelers usually have the equipment available? Also, if I do end up purchasing one, do you think it would be weird to bring my own scope to view the diamond?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results