shape
carat
color
clarity

Allllmost engaged! My Ritani and OMC halo

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ya'll :)

Yesterday I got to go try on the Ritani sample setting I chose. I had talked/thought about rose gold and pink diamonds at one time, but in the end opted for the traditional platinum because of the visual flow of the halo. Thought I would share pictures of the plain shank split setting. A size 6 sample on my 7.25 finger.

The sample is sporting a 1.2ct CZ. My Old mine cushion is a 1.04 (see my avatar). I was surprised at the finger coverage. The boyfriend said my ring should be ready in about a month. Anyhow... I am so excited! I am the only "jewelry girl" I know, except for the almost FI's sister and mom, who we are keeping out of the selection process. My family is not into jewelry, so you guys are my surrogate family. Just wanted to share the excitement!!

20140607_145557-1-1.jpg

20140607_145557.jpg

20140607_145557-1.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is going to be beautiful!!! Please post lots of pictures once it's on your finger. So excited for you. It's such a happy time!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it set with your stone!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks yennie and Callie, I forgot to mention Ritani is going to set it with double claws instead of the single prong.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!!! I am looking forward to see your stone set in your setting. :wavey:
It will be lovely with the double claws.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should be really pretty! Congratulations!!! Pictures when you get it!

So sorry you are marrying into a family who's not into jewels! What's wrong with those people :cheeky: ???

houserabbitz

Rough_Rock
I have that Ritani setting. It was set with an OMC that was gifted to us. The turnaround time from Ritani was exactly three weeks. It's beautiful and I love it; I love the plain shank. Can't wait until you get yours! It will be gorgeous.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Lovely setting! It fits you perfectly, I don't know why you'd need a 7.25 ring when the sample size 6 goes in, and fits!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind comments.
Tyty333: the funny part is that my family are the non jewelry ones. My FI's family ladies are like us...and will squeal when they see the ring. I am soo oo excited to soon share my life with like minded ladies. The sister, mom and daughter politely listen...but I can tell they are just being nice and glazing over...lol. The FI is keeping their fingers outta the cake. Lol.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
houserabbitz -

I went back and found your thread...I even commented on it back then! That is an amazing setting for your diamond. The chunkiness factor on your diamond looks similar to mine and I ADORE how yours looks. It does not look like a .52 center! There is quite a bit of finger coverage going on. Do you find it comfortable? How is the height to you? It seems like a low setting to me. Do you snag it often?

I was going to do the rose gold halo but found the rose gold between the diamonds so distracting. I kept worrying over it until I realized I might never be happy if I had to worry about it so much.

Jaysonsmom< I tend to puff up a bit on and off and am building in a little breathing room. I CAN get it on as a 6, but it was quite tight. The 7.25 sizer felt perfect.

houserabbitz

Rough_Rock
moneymeister|1402345066|3689622 said:
houserabbitz -

I went back and found your thread...I even commented on it back then! That is an amazing setting for your diamond. The chunkiness factor on your diamond looks similar to mine and I ADORE how yours looks. It does not look like a .52 center! There is quite a bit of finger coverage going on. Do you find it comfortable? How is the height to you? It seems like a low setting to me. Do you snag it often?

I was going to do the rose gold halo but found the rose gold between the diamonds so distracting. I kept worrying over it until I realized I might never be happy if I had to worry about it so much.

Jaysonsmom< I tend to puff up a bit on and off and am building in a little breathing room. I CAN get it on as a 6, but it was quite tight. The 7.25 sizer felt perfect.

Hi moneymeister! Thank you! It's very comfortable, and I don't snag it, ever, though mine isn't as big as yours will be. It's a low setting, but I can wear it with my infinity band and they actually sit pretty flush, which I like. It's very sparkly, and the melee go off like crazy, Ritani's quality is really great. You'll get a lot of finger coverage, especially given the size of your center. I like rose gold as well, and will end up getting the Ritani rose gold Endless Love pave band to stack, but I like white gold, or platinum for this halo. I hope you receive your ring sooner than later! There is someone on the Weddingbee forum who bought this setting for his fiance, with a bigger center stone and it's gorgeous, if you wanted to check it out. I keep telling him to post it over here!

I like the OMCs too. Even when I upgrade to larger (someday..) it will be hard not to buy an OMC.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see this. Love your setting! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really does look beautiful - I think you'll be much happier with the ring all in platinum!

Can't wait to see YOUR ring - lots of handshots please!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks derbygal!

Houserabbitz, good to hear a positive review. I just went to the other place and checked out a couple of the same settings that were posted. I love them so much. One young lady had the setting in yellow gold...very pretty too. I showed it to boyfriend (the yellow gold) because I have been talking about rose gold so much (they will make it in rose gold, tho it is not shown as an option on the website. He voted to stick with platinum in this setting too. I think it will be for the best in the long run. I like the more seamless look. I can't wait!

keep watching WInk's video of my stone. I'm so not patient, I want it on my finger yesterday LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsVMia0giR0

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is beautiful and will look great in the Ritani halo! I love antique cushions in a halo, and I also think you are making the best decision to go with platinum.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback on the platinum choice, diamondseeker2006. I have had platinum settings before and loved them. I think the seamless transition between halo and center will be crucial to my satisfaction in the long run. The rose gold "air line" would probably slowly drive me nuts. I should work on a rose gold piece after this... non ering

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful setting... I love the plain shank and also the slight split in it. It looks classy and elegant but also with a twist, KWIM?

Can't wait to see the finished ring! :appl: :love: :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks angeline.

I had looked at more old fashioned settings, but the FI has pretty strong opinions and didn't care for a bezeled stone. He does not like target ring type halos or air lines. He is a detail guy with a slight OCD attention to detail :) That's okay, he's paying and I agree we should both love it. I was very proud he suggested a halo for "finger-coverage"... the term even, he's been listening!

I am hoping the double claw prongs give slight antique flavor. I also hope they are closer to claws and not double dots without a point. :tongue:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I just love that setting! I really do. And it's going to be perfect for your gorgeous diamond! I can't wait to see the finished ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be a beautiful ring. :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks misskittycat and marcy....

AGHHHHHH, a few weeks to wait...and wait...and wait....

Pricescope is such a wonderful resource help and education and camaraderie. So many people share their pictures, thoughts, knowledge and time with strangers. Without you guys, I would have been "mauled" at the Mall, spending so much more for so much less. I went in yesterday and tried on a couple of 1ct rings just to play around. The mall chain store had a 1 ct "good" cut and polish, I-included stone for 5999.00 in a simple 14k solitaire. :nono:

Seriously, this site was invaluable to us!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results