shape
carat
color
clarity

Alllllmost looks like a bezel...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I picked out my wedding ring this weekend, but unfortunately I didn''t have a camera with me!!

Has anyone ever seen a wedding (eternity) band that looks from a distance like a bezel, but when you look up close, you can seen that although there is white gold/platinum surrounding each stone like a bezel would, that there are actually small prongs that are holding the small stones in?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous request
40.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like a "normal" pave' / bead setting perhaps with two rails that are set slightly higher than the stones, but it's hard to tell without a photo.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh, yes!! thank you, Circe!

if anyone can find a picture of one just like this but with round diamonds/bezels, I would be eternally grateful! I am excited that I found a ring that I can incorporate my mother''s old small diamonds (they''re about .03 pointers) and I want to ogle it all the time before I get it! hehehe...

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
thank you, mrssalvo!! I wish it were just regular bezel sets like that, because those are absolutely beautiful...but because the stones I am using are so small and because I feel that I need a little more width on my finger (since my engagement ring setting is about 3.5-4mm at its thickest), the ring I am looking for has a "bezel" that is not actually surrounding the edge of the diamond, but is a little further out, and in between the "bezel" and the diamond itself, there are small beads/prongs that are actually holding the diamonds in place...

I am terrible at explaining this! But thank you so much for your help!
9.gif
9.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
like, do you see how the round stones are set here with small beads? it''s like that, only the outer metal is a round shape around the round stone...
sorry again for my lack of clarity!

landi6562_large.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
since you are using your own stones, you''ll be going custom right? I think you could probably have the vendor you are using do a cad/cam of the design you are wanting. I understand what you are saying, i just don''t think I''ve seen it with all round diamonds. I''ve seen the prongs in the bezels when using a round stone in a square bezel, if that makes sense. But, the jeweler should be able to help you get what you are after.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results