shape
carat
color
clarity

Allllllmooooossst!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mschmo

Rough_Rock
Gentlemen and Ladies -

First and foremost I would like to thank "experts" for the many valuable insights and opinions I have seen on this forum. It has made my near term purchase of an engagement ring both more enjoyable and informative.

I am FINALLY down to the following stones for the following quoted prices

ROCK 1:

GIA-Certified
1.21 Carat
G / VS2
Sym: Very Good
Pol: Very Good
Flour: None
6.76 x 6.80
Table: 58.0
Depth: 61.9
PRICE $ 7800

Rock 2:

GIA Certified
1.23 Carat
H / VS2
Sym: Very Good
Pol: Excellent
Flour: None
6.85 x 6.93
Table: 57
Depth: 61.1
PRICE: $7400

Rock 2, while $400 cheaper is an H in Color versus G for Rock 1. It carries better polish (Excellent), however and APPEARS to have better measurements as far as the "IDEAL" cut is concerned. Opinions and any comments to help are greatly appreciated as always!!!

You Guys "ROCK!" (pun intended)

Thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The 2nd stone has more chance of good crown pavilion angles.
GIA-GTL reports do not list crown and pavilion angles, but the firm or individual who originally submitted a diamond to GIA can request the crown and pavilion angle data from GIA (many dealers do not know this fact).
Or you can ask the vendor to do a Sarin report for you.
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

mschmo

Rough_Rock
CutNut-

Thanks for the input...Do you think that the "ideal" cut should carry a little more weight than the color in this case, and what is your unbiased view of these prices overall?

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results