shape
carat
color
clarity

Alli_esq''s Pro Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, everyone!

I know my favorite part of this forum is seeing everyone''s pictures after all their hard work has paid off, so I wanted to post mine too...

As some of you may remember, I did have a bit of a pro photog snafu the day of my wedding (long story short, the husband and wife team I booked a year in advance of my wedding had a baby the morning of my wedding!)--but the replacement photographer was lovely and did a great job (photographer who ended up shooting my wedding)...

All in all, I am very pleased with the results. I wish I didn''t have the bags under my eyes that are very apparent in a lot of the photographs of me, but that couldn''t be helped--there was just too much to do and not enough time to sleep the last weeks leading up to my 11/20/09 wedding!

Because I do not feel comfortable posting my face, and because I do not want to destroy the lovely pro photos, I was able to find quite a few detail shots that might give you an idea as to how everything looked, but that don''t show anyone''s faces...

So he were go! First, the shoes I decided on (even though they weren''t my original first love, gold, they were very comfortable until the very end of the night!)

shoesesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Obligatory "dress hanging in the dressing room" shot! Good news: it DID end up fitting--perfectly!

dressesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Rings...

rings on newspaper.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
More rings...

ringsesq5.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Brooch on the bow of my dress...I really loved how it looked, but it kept slipping off toward the end of the night--no worries, though, since it showed up in all the photos
26.gif
Love that I got it on QVC, haha!

dressbroochesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
My friends helping me put on my garter...it was a several-person job, haha!

garteresq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
My mom let me wear her tennis bracelet
30.gif

braceletesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Taking all the paper out of my shoes...

shoes2esq2.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Meee...

meesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I met before the ceremony and took a LOT of photos outside--which I never expected to get at the end of November, so that was great!!! I highly recommend meeting before the ceremony to take photographs...I hardly had to miss a moment of my wedding! We were out at the cocktail hour about 5-10 minutes in, and the only reason we were even that late was because our friends were signing the marriage certificate and were bustling me!

There are quite a few photos from that session that are awesome, but they have our faces, so this one will have to suffice...

bridegroomflowersesq2.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
We had a table in front of the reception room with a sign in plate that I received from a dear friend at my bridal shower...the venue arranged for the flower petals you see here, and we had a lot of photographs of each of us growing up (in lieu of a slideshow)...I liked how it turned out! People ended up writing adorable notes on here--it is so lovely to have!

plateesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers at the ceremony (which I didn''t even notice during the actual event--I was in a different world! it seemed so surreal!)

ceremonyflowers22esq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
The room during the ceremony...

ceremonyroomesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
My beautiful bridesmaids...same dresses as PilsnPinkysMom had!!! The only thing I would have changed, if I knew in advance, was to make their bouquets larger. I doubt it would have been that much more expensive, and I think the size of them looked rather silly...though I loved the composition and the color.

bridesmaidsceremonyesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I liked it so I had to put a ring on it...hehehe...

exchangeringsesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
My coordinator at the venue told us to escape after the ceremony to the bridal room upstairs, so that people didn''t attack us as soon as we left the ceremony--I was VERY happy we did that...it gave us a few minutes to ourselves for the first (and only) time that day, and then our bridal party came crowding in...it was so sweet!

bridegroomescapeesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
JFF--one of our bridesmaids was one of DH''s closest friends from childhood who has an incredible tattoo...normally I''m not a fan of them, but this one is very meaningful to her, and it suits her so well...not very traditional (which gave my mom a mild coronary) but I thought it was special that the dress showed off her individuality!

tattooesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Cake...

cakeesq2.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
First centerpiece shot...

centerpiece1esq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Second centerpiece shot--this one more captures the warm feeling of the room...

centerpiece2esq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
The whole reception room setup...it looked so lovely when the lights were turned down...

receptionroomesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
First dance (bling!)

ringmeesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
First dance (his bling!)

ringgroomesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Cake cutting...there are a couple of really funny pictures of this, actually--I made a face and pointed at him (which I don''t remember at all) signaling for him NOT TO PUT CAKE IN MY FACE...luckily (for our marriage) he didn''t, haha!

cakecuttingesq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...exterior shot...

Thank all of you SO much for all your amazing ideas and support while I was planning this event...you have all been so awesome! I am definitely sticking around PS, though I have been a much better lurker than poster...but you are all wonderful!

exterioresq.jpg

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Well, despite the photographer issue (substitute did a wonderful job!!!), everything looks beautiful. Love the "Meeeee" picture.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Treefrog

tlh

Ideal_Rock
love your use of color! very beautiful!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks gorgeous - your dress was amazing!! Congratulations
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Everything looked wonderful, and I''m so glad that your photographers had a wonderful backup plan in place for you!

The details were all quite lovely, and your dress was just stunning on you!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Alli your venue is stunning!!
30.gif
As were you, my dear. Just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results