shape
carat
color
clarity

All this talk about opals!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just purchased my first opal after seeing all of the recent talk! I know virtually nothing about them and basically went on looks. I know it will take a few weeks to get to me and I have requested a custom ring from Julia Kay Taylor.

I have no idea if she''ll be able to do it yet since I just made the request but I''m excited and I wanted to share. The opal is from unique opals and is 1.5cts 8 x 8.9 x 2.5. It''s green blue flash and has a 4.5 so it should look pretty colorful all of time. I''ll try and attach some pics!

opal 1.JPG

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what type of opal is it? Laura

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The website says it's a natural solid opal, type 1, it's a dark crystal opal and it's from Mintabie Australia. I haven't seen to many opals in person and I have never seen one in person that looks like this so I'm very excited!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info! I also really liked the shape, I''m a big fan of square or rectangular stones and there weren''t many like this!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A lovely stone, has just wonderful shades of colors going on!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice play of colours and the shape is going to make it a gorgeous ring stone.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love opals too! How exciting that you''re getting your first one - woohoo! I like the cut as well as you don''t see many square shaped Opals. The only thing I would say is that (like with other gemstones), Opals perform better in one light more than others. Usually they''re better under electric lights. Some will have far less colour play during the day - so if that happens don''t worry!

I can''t wait to see your photos when it arrives!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments! I''m so excited for this! It''s not going to work out with JKT, she''s backed up until May and will be requiring a minimum of $275 for any new custom projects starting in may. I''m thinking about this setting instead. I''ll post pics when I get the stone!

Oh, has anyone ever sent their stones to them to let them set it? If so, what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results