shape
carat
color
clarity

All sapphire engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smoothdemon

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have been reading here for a while now and am ready to ask for opinions/help. I have decided on getting my girlfriend an all sapphire e-ring.

I have chosen this setting: http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=202&rn=773&action=show_detail

The thing is, i want an all sapphire ring, or diamondless ring. So every diamond you see in the above setting will be a white sapphire. I have decided to buy a sapphire from http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com. what do you think of these:

1 - http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=B2209
2 - http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=B2260
3 - http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=B2262

Knox will unfortunately only set a ring with stones that are supplied by them because they don''t want to be responsible for damaging a stone that isn''t theirs. I am going to let them supply and set the white sapphires, but i want to personally choose the center stone. Any tips on what I ask from them on the white stones? and any ideas on where to get the center stone set, or what to look for in a jeweler to set it?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty setting. Of the three sapphires that you posted, I like #2 the best. My reason is because I love the darker blues and that one appears more clear than #3. I have never purchased anything from NSC, but there have been several PS members with wonderful things to say about them.

Evelina

Rough_Rock
An interesting choice. Good luck!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
# 2 100%. It has the best color and clarity by far. It would be stunning in a ring!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call and confirm knox will set a sapphire in that setting for you, sometimes they don''t set colored stones in their settings.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 12:57:24 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
# 2 100%. It has the best color and clarity by far. It would be stunning in a ring!
ditto. I wish I had an answer to your other questions.

smoothdemon

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody for you feedback. I called Knox but they said they will only set sapphires they supply :/ They also mentioned I should aim to get a center stone between 4.9 to 5.1 mm in diameter. Does this mean the above sapphires won''t work or just won''t look as good. The ring will take 3 weeks to make, should i wait and see if any more sapphires pop up?

thanks again

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree # 2 looks like the best sapphire. If Know won''t set anyone else''s stones they might be able to find one to your specs. I think they are recommending what size looks best nothing else. The ring is pretty and will nice with a sapphire in it.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi smooth.

I guess I go about making a ring a little diffrently than most. I like to find the stone first and then make the ring to fit the stone. Odd sizes, deep pavillions can make it hard to mount a colored stone in a pre-made setting. It also limets your choices
Good luck

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2007 3:46:20 PM
Author: smoothdemon
Thanks everybody for you feedback. I called Knox but they said they will only set sapphires they supply :/ They also mentioned I should aim to get a center stone between 4.9 to 5.1 mm in diameter. Does this mean the above sapphires won''t work or just won''t look as good. The ring will take 3 weeks to make, should i wait and see if any more sapphires pop up?

thanks again
It means you need to find a stone that is 4.9-5.1 to fit in that setting. I''d call NSC and tell them what you are looking for, and I''d ask them if they would set the sapphire for you.

smoothdemon

Rough_Rock
Thats a good idea, I will call them tomorrow.

smoothdemon

Rough_Rock
So I have been on the search for my perfect center stone:
---> 5mm round unheated medium blue sapphire eye clean or close to it with an excellent cut

I have about a week to make the decision since the semi-mount will be done by then. I have so far narrowed it down to the ones in the attached pic.

Some are cheaper than others, some are better cut, some took better photos, some are "better" blue...
Which one do you like???

1_2.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I like #2 the most!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
This is my order of preference (most to least):

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think 3 has more of that classic "Kashmir" look. Very electric blue but with a velvety look. Without a doubt, 3!!!

smoothdemon

Rough_Rock
thanks everybody keep your opinions coming :)

I will let you all know my opinions on these in a little bit, and eventually tell you where they all came from...and which one I buy!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Ok now my opinion
#2 looks like the best cut and color and that is what I would pick.

smoothdemon

Rough_Rock
Looks like #2 wins!
35.gif

I was kind of leaning towards it and it was my sisters choice as well. #2 is an unlisted sapphire from http://www.aussiesapphire.com.au/. I have been in contact with Andrew for a while now and he has been more than helpful.

The thing is, in the photos, several of these sapphires are lit from behind and above which makes them seem lighter and brighter than they will look on a ring. Andrews was lit from the front so you are seeing a better representation of the color/brilliance, and it still looks good ;-)

#3 came in a close second from the natural sapphire company

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a good choice. I had difficulty choosing between 2 and 3 from the pics. Can''t wait to see the finished product!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that one is gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the finished ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results