shape
carat
color
clarity

All done, pictures and experiences with vendors below!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babamukuru

Rough_Rock
So I have been researching for well over 4 months now, trying to find a round brilliant within the quality constraints I had in mind. I was set on I or J color with cut being the most important factor. I narrowed down my search to about 4 diamonds and had my eyes set on one that Tim was selling at Good Old Gold. After inquiring and asking him to put it on hold, Tim informed me that it was sold and then recommended another diamond in stock and although it was more expensive, he was willing to come down on the price. Tim was extremely customer focused and was always very prompt with emails and phone calls... overall experience with Tim has been an A+ and would recommend GOG to any friend (or stranger) searching for a diamond!
GOG sent the diamond to Martin Fuller in Fairfax, VA and I scheduled a visit within 2 weeks. My experience with Martin has also been superb. He was extremely informative and walked me through the process of appraising and made the experience so much more comfortable! On top of that, he was willing to personally deliver the diamond to my jeweler since I live 2 hours away... the jeweler is a 15 minute drive from Martin''s office... I would also give Martin an A+ on being accommodating, responsible and customer focused.
Which brings me to my jeweler. I contacted a handful of Simon G authorized dealers and ended up giving my business to Charleston Alexander, in Falls Church, VA (www.wherethediamondsare.com). Kate was very helpful and accommodating and was willing to work for her customer. If anyone is interested in a Simon G setting (or other) and is in the area, I would highly recommend them as they did a great job with setting my diamond, in time.
Which brings us to the pictures...!
PM me if any of you have any questions that I may be able to answer... and thank you Pricescope for existing!! Without you I would be another clueless customer preyed upon by B&M stores (ok... that was a little harsh!... not all of them are vultures!).
You can definitely see the K color in the side pictures but face up, the diamond is white as snow!

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
Very pretty ring! Do you have the specs on the stone?

babamukuru

Rough_Rock
Yes,
Diamond is:
1.18 ct
K color
VVS1
Depth 60.9%
Table 55.8%
Crown 34.5 degrees
Pavilion 40.8 degrees
Girdle Thin to Medium
Culet None
Symmetry Excellent
Polish Very Good
GIA certified

I will post some pictures that Martin Fuller provided of the culet and polish which I though were very interesting.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS ring!!! Congrats! So glad you had a great experience - that is the icing on the cake!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are those canary diamonds? I ADORE that look! What a gorgeous ring!

babamukuru

Rough_Rock
Experience was the most important factor... every time I walked into a B&M I felt ''greasy'' from all the sales tactics... felt nothing like that with Tim or Martin or Kate at CA... maybe I am biased because I spent so much time here (mostly in silence!, researching!!).

One more note, I went with Jewelers Mutual... also a superb and pain free, FAST and easy experience. They very easily insured both diamond and setting under one policy and they now have my complete appraisal for the setting and diamond together. Highly recommended.

Also, setting was Simon G LP1846, 18k two tone with white and yellow gold and yellow diamonds in the yellow gold.

IMG_7542.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Always nice to hear someone had a wonderful experience! Congrats on your engagement and your stunning ring!! The diamond is gorgeous and the setting is beautiful as well.

babamukuru

Rough_Rock
diamond picture... you can see why polish was not excellent (instead, it''s graded as Very Good)... thought it was interesting!

star polish.JPG

babamukuru

Rough_Rock
And one more close up of the culet

Culetbbmu.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and great pictures!
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful ring. i like how you have both white and yellow gold in the ring. congratulations!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous! I love the yellow gold and yellow diamond accents-it makes the ring so unique! The diamond looks beautiful, too...and those super close up pics from your appraiser are very cool. Congratulations!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
excellent close ups!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Beautiful set! I also have a K and just love it!

Congrats!! Simply gorgeous!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
That ring is simply stunning. No way, I can''t believe that it is a K. Looks soooo white. Congrats!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I commented in your other thread as well, but I just had to say that those are some FANTASTICALLY detailed closeups! Good camera work!

Again, the ring is just beautiful. I like the slight warmth in the stone, I wouldn''t have guessed it was a "K" from the zoomed-out pics, though! Congratulations on such a gorgeous piece!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely magnificant. Love the yellow and white band.

Awsome diamond pictures..

Enjoy it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful closeups!!! Your stone is really gorgeous!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Stunning!!! I love the setting!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really, really love it. What a beautiful setting, and the stone looks wonderful in it. Great ring!!!

richipat

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results