shape
carat
color
clarity

All-Clad, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I have the 14 piece stainless set and various other pieces that I purchased using gift cards we received combined with a 20% off completion discount and additional 10% off for opening a store credit card. I absolutely love our cookware- however I wouldn''t have bought all of the pieces right away had I not had the discounts and gift cards. IMO they are worth it though, so eventually I would have purchased them.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I have a trick for making All-Clad handles comfortable! I buy the Le Creuset silicone handle covers and slap them on my All-Clad handles when I''m cooking. They feel sooo much better with these little sleeves on.

Is it worth it, I think so, but it''s good to have a mix of things. I like the All Clad fry pans and 12" chefs pan (which I use as a wok). They are so easy to clean and are so sparkly. I don''t like cooking eggs in those babies. A good cast iron skillet and some Le Creuset for soups and stews is also nice. I also scour thrift shops for quality copper pots and nice cast iron pieces, but the All Clad is so lightweight, I enjoy using it (especially with the silicone sleeves).

LeCreusetHandles.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a lot of varied opinions and some good ones! I definitely want stainless and dishwasher safe would be great, although I will try to handwash it most times probably. I made the mistake (this is kind of embarrassing) of putting my Kitchenaid pots and pans in dishwasher..soooo the red paint comes off now.
14.gif
It was silly of me, but I really thought they were dishwasher safe!
20.gif
Anyway, I think stainless would be a better option for me. I played with a pan in the store the other day and it did feel a bit heavy, but I can deal with the handle not too bad. And I love the grips, thank you pixley! Anyway, thanks again everyone!
35.gif

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I think it all depends on what you are looking for and how much you cook. I love mine. I did register for a set, but I really wanted pieces so that is what I got. I have mismatched pots and pans from different manufacturers. I bought what I planned to use. I have a set of SS, Non-Stick, cast iron, you name it, I got it. I have multiples items I use regularly, but I cook a lot and we bake as well.

I have a few caphalon pieces and I don''t like them as much as I liked my AC.

So consider what you want to cook and which pieces you want and get those pieces and get those pieces.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hate the handles on Allclad. I''m thrilled with my calphalon contemporary stainless though. It''s dishwasher safe, oven safe, easy to cook in, and very comfy to hold. Also rather affordable. The only other pieces I use are 2 annodized calphalon skillets (for eggs), a cast iron skillet, and a enameled dutch oven.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results