shape
carat
color
clarity

Alishan setting is finally done...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
My ebay find has returned to me! My .93 K Pear has been set, and I''m wearing it right now. Pics attached. I posted it here instead of "show me the ring" because there are a couple interesting things about this setting that I thought folks might like to see. I hope the pics are good enough to illustrate my observations.

First, answering questions posted periodically about "will my J K stone look ok in white metal?", yes it will. Please note, low color stone fans, that when I was first shown the finished piece under the jewelry store lights, my K diamond glowed yellow like a big ol'' corn nut. But in every other lighting has faced up clear, white, or slightly cape.

Second, I specifically asked that Alishan Halabian (or his busy shop elves) please make certain that my pear point is protected in a V claw, or something simillar. At first, I thought this was not done, but upon further inspection, the prong is actually diamond shaped, with the sides of the diamond-shape wraping the sides of my pear point, and the top of this diamond shape folds over to insure the stone is secure. Very nice work there. Ditto on the custom wax job to make the basket.

tcDSC_2073.jpg

tcDSC_2072.jpg

tcDSC_2067.jpg

tcDSC_2066.jpg

tcDSC_2061.jpg

tcDSC_2059.jpg

tcDSC_2053.jpg

tcDSC_2050.jpg

tcDSC_2041.jpg

tcDSC_2041.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a beauty!!! You should post it in show me the ring!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! That setting is fabulous, and I''ve never heard of the designer. Could you give some details or point me to a link please? I really, really love your setting, and they did a fabulous job setting your diamond. I would not have thought it was a K, perhaps J. Looks very nice in the setting. More pictures, too, please!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is such a lovely and unique setting!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool setting! I love it! That''s a great pear too...I never would''ve thought it was a K!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 3:26:29 PM
Author: lumpkin
Holy moly! That setting is fabulous, and I''ve never heard of the designer. Could you give some details or point me to a link please? I really, really love your setting, and they did a fabulous job setting your diamond. I would not have thought it was a K, perhaps J. Looks very nice in the setting. More pictures, too, please!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Lumpkin, Alishan Halabian''s work can be found at http://alishanonline.com/gallery/ . Send them an email at [email protected] to find an authorized dealer near you -- Lydia is the absolute nicest person to work with! I only recently became aware of his designs when I saw this piece on eBay. As it turned out, an old, established jewelry store went out of business and this piece (along with many others from Whitney Boin, etc.) wound up on eBay through an auctioneer.

I need to post this on the "show us your pears" thread :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great! I remember when you got it. They did a terrific job on the new head! Did you get one of the wedding bands, too?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pear it it''s new home! Beautiful!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an awesome setting! It looks great!

*M*

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 6:18:56 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It turned out great! I remember when you got it. They did a terrific job on the new head! Did you get one of the wedding bands, too?
Diamondseeker, I have to save up for one! The auction price was about 1/3 retail, so it''ll take me a year or so to stuff my piggy bank full. But I gotta get one, yeah... right now I''m pretty content .
5.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, that setting is so unique and cool! I love it!! Your pear does look nice and white, no problem!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh its beautiful!! what a unique and special ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results