shape
carat
color
clarity

Alishan designs? Take a look...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, what an interesting designer!

I sure have had a hard time finding other examples of his work on line. I did find this "coming soon" site... http://www.alishanonline.com/ which has a handshot flash by of a two-tone version of the ring set you found on on EBay.

I think they look fabulous...very different... are you going to bid on them?

widget

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Crowmama

Those rings are gorgeous. I am trying to remember where I saw those-they were featured in some magazine ad that I just saw the other day.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 10:10:47 AM
Author: widget

I sure have had a hard time finding other examples of his work on line. I did find this ''coming soon'' site... http://www.alishanonline.com/ which has a handshot flash by of a two-tone version of the ring set you found on on EBay.

widget
Widget, I would love to bid on them... I just don''t know if I can get an extra prong thrown on the end of the basket to hold my pear. If any of the more knowledgeable folks here have an opinion about altering the basket, I''d be more than interested to hear your thoughts!

Yes, who knows, maybe I''ll bid on the little critters and then (sigh) I''ll just HAVE to find a diamond to mount. Decisions, decisions.... diamonds or replacing my 14 year old car!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
I emailed them, and within 15 minutes I got a response. :)

They have their designs at a jewelry store about 15 miles from my house in Cleveland. I''ll have to check them out and report back.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
One more question and I''ll leave y''all alone...

The ering is a square, and the band is a round. Would you mix these, or would it look like a ransom note?

I sortof like the mix, but also would like round-round or square-square.

Oy!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Crowmama, if you post hand shot of your e-ring i will try to photoshop the band next to it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool website, very unique!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope, I already did a photoshop thing... thanks for the offer to do the hard work! Here's the photoshop version (I know it's upside down, but I wear my ering on top of a band, so this is a little more realistic):

AlishanRingBand.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
So what do you mean by "The ering is a square, and the band is a round."? If it's profiles of the shanks, then yes i understand that it might bother you.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope, I think you clarified the round/square area nicely. The ering (in its square profile) has sticky-outy shoulders when put against the band.

I think it''s cool and unusual, but then again sometime I don''t have the best taste. ;-)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The designer does make square bands that match that e-ring setting ... so if you decide you do want the matching band ... another route but ebay?? Especially if the e-ring setting is a bargain .... more $$ for a matching band
3.gif

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking the same thing... Lydia from Alishan got back to me quick like a bunny today with a local jeweler, so this weekend I''ll drop by and have a look. This ering plus a matching one from the BM store will put my remount project over budget by $1K (yikes) but the two rings on Ebay stick much closer to the bottom line. There''s the temptation to get both. The ering next to my original Stuller band would look like apples and meat!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I think you have a great taste being able to find such a fine designer, thank you for sharing.
The "real life look" might be very much different from the picture, so i guess a return policy is the most important question now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you say if the ring is your size? Just asking because a recent post from someone who bought settings on ebay found out too late that the rings were too far from her size to resize.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 4:30:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Did you say if the ring is your size? Just asking because a recent post from someone who bought settings on ebay found out too late that the rings were too far from her size to resize.
The size listed is 6 1/4. Perfect size for me! 6 1/2 is a little big, and 6 is a wee bit tight. I just had my old band resized (I got fat and so did my finger) and that''s what the 6mm band is resized to.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 6:14:37 PM
Author: crowmama

The size listed is 6 1/4. Perfect size for me! 6 1/2 is a little big, and 6 is a wee bit tight. I just had my old band resized (I got fat and so did my finger) and that''s what the 6mm band is resized to.
Well, that tells me it was meant to be!!!
1.gif

Did you ask the rep at Alishan if the head can be switched out to acommodate your pear?

I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the square matching band to the rounded one on Ebay....I wonder of going over budget is more palitable knowing you''re getting such a good deal on the Ering mounting? (Just a little enabling, here.....lol...)

Let us know what you decide!
widget

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 7:13:21 PM

The size listed is 6 1/4. Perfect size for me! 6 1/2 is a little big, and 6 is a wee bit tight. I just had my old band resized (I got fat and so did my finger) and that's what the 6mm band is resized to.
1.gif

Did you ask the rep at Alishan if the head can be switched out to acommodate your pear?

I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the square matching band to the rounded one on Ebay....I wonder of going over budget is more palitable knowing you're getting such a good deal on the Ering mounting? (Just a little enabling, here.....lol...)

widget
Widget, I agree with you. The wise MrsSalvo says "A deal is only a deal if you are getting exactly what you want." I'll look at what the local jeweler has and see what the price for a band is. OR, maybe the 18K price is close to my budget at retail? Who knows! I'll try to go Saturday and report back, unless we get snowed in here...

BTW, love your poochie avatar. Your baby? Dito for Deco's papillon. I'll have to get my beagle boys avatar up soon!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 7:13:21 PM

1.gif

I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the square matching band to the rounded one on Ebay....I wonder of going over budget is more palitable knowing you''re getting such a good deal on the Ering mounting? (Just a little enabling, here.....lol...)

widget
I found matching square bands online for purchase at http://www.minata.com/jewelry/rings/m12.html . I think the price sounds fair, but I''d welcome 2nd opinions if the prices seem high.

Thanks for tolerating my pestering...
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 10:10:47 AM

I sure have had a hard time finding other examples of his work on line. I did find this ''coming soon'' site... http://www.alishanonline.com/ which has a handshot flash by of a two-tone version of the ring set you found on on EBay.

widget
I''m not generally a fan of two-tone designs but the one he has there I really like!!!

I also like the round eternity because you could get two looks from it depending on what you had face up!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Pestering? No way! this is interesting!

It looks to me as if there are several different choices of bands in that line.

The stack ring you just linked are different....what look like channel set diamonds on the shoulders. It might still really look nice though...Photoshop anyone?

There are two other versions of the "padded shoulder look".

Here are some pics I collected: upper left, wider "padded (pave) shoulders", and a narrower version on upper right, and finally on the bottom..the stack rings from Minata..

Are we confused yet?
2.gif

widget

Unfinly02.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 2:48:33 PM
One more question and I''ll leave y''all alone...

The ering is a square, and the band is a round. Would you mix these, or would it look like a ransom note?

I sortof like the mix, but also would like round-round or square-square.

Oy!
the ring I''m having made is squre - on the inside and the outside (for comfort) and I plan to wear it with round ring(s)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 4:10:48 PM
Pricescope, I think you clarified the round/square area nicely. The ering (in its square profile) has sticky-outy shoulders when put against the band.

I think it''s cool and unusual, but then again sometime I don''t have the best taste. ;-)
yeah but those corners are 3 sided pave corners not plain old metal corners!!!! :D :D I think it would look fantastic - really!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Cehra....the yellow gold versions are scrumptious.

Hmm just had another thought...looking at the "set" in the pic I just posted...I wonder if the ''wrap-around pave'' in the two rings would rub against each other and cause problems???

widget

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 1:37:38 PM

Hmm just had another thought...looking at the ''set'' in the pic I just posted...I wonder if the ''wrap-around pave'' in the two rings would rub against each other and cause problems???

widget

Widget, that rubbing issue was what I was thinking, and actually scores 1 point in favor of the square/round combo. But we''ll see!

No movement on the eBay auction yet... I''m waiting to hear from a B&M store about some price quotes.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 1:43:36 PM

Date: 12/1/2006 1:37:38 PM

Hmm just had another thought...looking at the ''set'' in the pic I just posted...I wonder if the ''wrap-around pave'' in the two rings would rub against each other and cause problems???

widget

Widget, that rubbing issue was what I was thinking, and actually scores 1 point in favor of the square/round combo. But we''ll see!

No movement on the eBay auction yet... I''m waiting to hear from a B&M store about some price quotes.
I like the square round combo - particularly if you got two thin bands to flank it - the lovely shoulders would rise and shine!

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Linda from Minata jewelers has been absolutely super getting me more information... these are gold prices, and they can be ordered in any combination of rose, white or yellow 18K

engagement ring in 6MM; .35C Diam. $3000.
in 3MM; .28C D. $2500.
in 4MM: .32C D. $2600.

wedding band is available in 3MM; .28C D. $2000.
4MM; .32C D. $2400.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results