shape
carat
color
clarity

Alfred Levitt Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheDiamondangel asked about a setting she had seen and Lanee found a site with a picture of the setting. I love it, so I wanted to move the discussion to a place where it wouldn''t get buried :).

Here is the link Lanee found:

http://www.goodmansjewelers.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Browse.asp?PRODUCT_NAME=levitt

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of the ring :).

Alfred Levitt Setting.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I went to a local B&M jeweler yesterday just to look at a remount for my round. I had been looking at matching sets with channel stones, but there was one that had a deep V channel setting for the center stone. I told the sales person that I liked it because it didn't have any prongs to catch on my hair or the kids, and then she said she wanted to show me a mounting that she loved. It was a three stone ring, but not like any I had seen before. All three stones were set with semi-bezels. The sides were .35 carats each, and the centerstone that was in there was roughly the same size as my stone (7.67mm). One side of the ring was yellow gold, and the other was white. The whole thing was 18k. The interior was marked "Levitt". I have never heard of this designer before, and would like to see if I can find it somewhere else because I think they're asking too much money ($2,350). Would like to shop around a bit.

The really cool thing about this ring is that it had enough presence on the hand that it could stand alone. Was wide enough that I could wear it as a wedding band, but the centerstone was raised up a little bit. Those .35 pointers on the sides really made the centerstone look big, but not out of proportion. It was gorgeous. And SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO comfortable on the hand! It was just my size too!

If anyone has seen something like this, please posts pics and a link! I tried www.cordovajewelry.com , but they don't have the piece on that site.

Here is a picture of the ring. I copied this message from the original thread that I had posted in the hangout section.

Levitt ring.jpg

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
NOTE: the side stones are .35 total, not .35 each as I previously thought. They seemed really big to me to be total weight, but that's what the jeweler said. Another pic that shows how it looks on the hand:

Levitt ring2.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Alfred Levitt ~ good company , we all have access to the line or carry it
1.gif
You wont have a hard time buying the piece from one of us here.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring. I really like semi-bezels and they seem to make the stones look bigger!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 5/9/2003 2:13:15 PM Hest88 wrote:

"Nice ring. I really like semi-bezels and they seem to make the stones look bigger!"

Very true. Although I am conservative enough not to have tried a bezel ring, my diamond pendant is in a half bezel...and it looks *enormous*!!! It's beautiful, too. Classic despite it not being a prong setting :).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results