shape
carat
color
clarity

Alexandrite Investment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

csmith1950

Rough_Rock
I would like to know the value a a ring that I bought in 1970 in mexico. It is a hand made ring of 925 silver and has a color change Alexandrite that measures about 7/16" across and about 17/32 tall.In the sun it is blue and in the house it is a redish purple.It changes color very fast just a matter of a couple seconds. When I look at it in the sun I can see a spot that looks a little cloudy but is only on one side and if I look at it under a 10X loop I can see a couple of tiny bubbles and the cloudy area apears to be a feather. Can anyone tell me if this ring has any value?, as retirment is getting close and I may be selling a few things to do so.
1.gif

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Good morning!

Honestly, it doesn't sound too promising. I can't tell you how many times someone brings in what they hope to be a true alexandrite chrysoberyl. If you can see bubbles, it sounds like it may be a synthetic alexandrite-like corumdum. If you have a gemologist in your area I am sure they can easily identify the stone. It isn't a difficult ID. It would be worth your while to have it checked.

Good luck on the retirement!

Cindy
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results