shape
carat
color
clarity

Alex Sepkus question ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tried posting this in RockyTalk, hoping I''ll have a little more success in Jewelry proper ....

I just got an Alex Sepkus Circle Band off of eBay (I am disgustingly smug about this: the seller just listed it as a "vintage band" and charged accordingly, and I recognized it from the blurry photos alone!), and I''m mentally authenticating it. It damned well looks like the real thing to me, but somewhere along the way, someone polished the inside of the ring a tad too enthusiastically - sizing? removing an inscription? - and managed to just about remove the hallmarks. The outline of a now-blurry PLAT is still visible, but there''s another sign I can''t make out. It''s either a series of numbers - registration or serial #? - or something else that''s been so vigorously polished that I just can''t recognize it without a hint. Alex Sepkus owners, what''s in your rings?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I don''t have an Alex Sepkus band, I cannot look inside one for you. I just thought I''d let you know that I am following along since I follow Alex Sepkus threads :).

AGBF
34.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, AGBF! He''s one of my favorite designers, so I do too, whenever they pop up - this is my first piece by him, and I''m kind of stunned at how detailed it is for something so delicate! Definitely something that lives up to its reputation.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m extremely jealous! Alex Sepkus rings are pretty on the page, but gorgeous in person. What a lucky find for you!
21.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/7/2009 12:20:36 AM
Author: HollyS

I'm extremely jealous!

Holly, you always say it the way it really is!!!

AGBF
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results