shape
carat
color
clarity

Alex pics and question

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I continue to want a mother's piece of jewelry. My kids birth months are April and June. I have been looking for Alex but most are from vendors so far away that it makes it hard to view and then potentially return. Yvonne listed these and I purchased them but have no Alex experience at all. They are almost 4mm and 2.5-2.9 ish deep. These are her photos. Can you tell me what you think of the stones please?

Thanks!

img_0990.png

img_0991.png

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lilysweet
Does the vendor say whether they turn pinkish or reddish at all?

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi OTL, I have them and they are the dark purple color or the bright green/turquoise. They don't exhibit the reddish that I can see. Is that a negative?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colorways both look attractive; fairly saturated and not too overly dark in tone. I'd say they look nice - its hard to get a matched pair, considering they both have to have the same degree of color changing properties to match. Their colorways make me think they are Brazilian?

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi Minous! The origin in the listing is Brazil. I do like that the change is uniform and the greenish is pretty. The purple side is a bit dark but again I have no experience with Alex. Is it a negative that the purple side doesn't get that lightish red? Would this be considered better? It is 5.8x2.8, 2 mm deep

img_0996.png

img_0995.png

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone else weigh in? Thanks!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is partly a matter of personal taste and what you like. With that said, if the pic of the second stone is accurate, those colorways are more sought after and I personally would choose the second one, all things being equal.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Minous! The second picture is from multicolour. I have never ordered from them. Are there pics representative of the real life stones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results