shape
carat
color
clarity

Alex Park Return Shipping (if needed)?

kel12345

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am considering making a purchase with Alex Park. My concern is in case I receive it in person and need to return it (I don’t anticipate returning, it looks beautiful), has anyone returned something to Alex Park? Would my shipping back (with insurance for a $4700 piece) be outrageously expensive? I have read usps registered mail is the most cost effective and safe way to return diamonds, but I can’t find any pricing info online. Thanks in advance!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would ask him to send you a label and let him deduct the shipping cost from your refund.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do what @DAF suggested above. In my experience, it will cost ~$100 to send usps insured for ~$5k. Hope you love the piece!

kel12345

Rough_Rock
I would do what @DAF suggested above. In my experience, it will cost ~$100 to send usps insured for ~$5k. Hope you love the piece!

Thanks if need be I will definitely ask him that! Have you shipped USPS registered or that just regular USPS?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks if need be I will definitely ask him that! Have you shipped USPS registered or that just regular USPS?

@kel12345 I have done both USPS registered and priority with appropriate insurance. Registered just took far too long for me. It was slightly less expensive than priority with insurance and signature. IMO it’s not worth the savings for the extra days I had to worry about it.

ETA the registered package was picked up by the recipient and the online status never changed. Weird. I do not care for registered mail.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
When I mailed USPS registered with insurance early last year it was less than $100 for $24,000 coverage. USPS will try to upsell additional services for extra fees but as far as I know it makes no difference for registered mail.

kel12345

Rough_Rock
When I mailed USPS registered with insurance early last year it was less than $100 for $24,000 coverage. USPS will try to upsell additional services for extra fees but as far as I know it makes no difference for registered mail.

Thank you that’s helpful!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

FedEx for jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results