shape
carat
color
clarity

Akoya pair earring stud - need advice please

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they're SO similar, you wouldn't even note a difference unless you had them side by side and were looking closely :love: Like having two diamonds that are identical except that one's a D and the other's an F - you probably wouldn't see anything different unless they're right beside each other!
... Sort of. The problem with that analogy is that D is objectively more valuable and "better" than F, whereas with these pearls - one is certainly not objectively preferable to the other(s).

Asking for a couple of photos on skin is a great idea. And very convenient because they've got Asian hands too :lol:

I personally would go for the 8.7, for the best match to your studs, because that would be most mind clean for me.

Last edited:

ckrice

Rough_Rock
Thank you @yssie :saint: for your detailed input and analogy! I will ask for some skin photos, hopefully that will help making my final decision!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Only works when it is your skin. Someone else's will reflect what suits them

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Only works when it is your skin. Someone else's will reflect what suits them

We each have a "type" of skin tone that is not really unique to us at all, but in fact, shared with hundreds of thousands or millions of other people on this earth.

Yes, there are tiny discrepancies obviously, not unlike the unique colors of pearls.

But for example, my skin tone and color are shared by most of Northern Europe. ;)2

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I never said every person's skin was unique, but neither does everyone from the same background have the same colour. I've encountered mother and daughter whose best pearl options were completely different due to subtle differences.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Pearlescence @Cerulean Thank you for your input. I completely understand each of your point of view. :)

Appreciate it. Back on track!

Looking at the options, I like the 8.7.

FYI I am more forgiving with necklace/earring combos than I am pairs that are supposed to match. So in that spirit, I basically think you can’t go wrong.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Keep in mind that a pair in the box is in an artificial environment. Slight mismatching will not be visible when there is a head between them

ckrice

Rough_Rock
thank you everyone again for your input! :angel:
I have decided on 8.7mm for my pendant after reading your comments and seeing pictures against skin. Can't wait to see it in person!

ittypea

Rough_Rock
@ckrice I love the 8.7mm! Please do share a picture of the rolling pendant when you receive it! I'm Chinese and have the exact skin tone you describe so I'm taking notes ;-) And may i ask the rough cost of the project aside from the pearl? I had a rolling pendant that was stolen along with my entire jewelry inventory last summer, I've been wanting to replace it as it used to be my go to piece in the summer. I'm excited for your necklace!!

ckrice

Rough_Rock
@ckrice I love the 8.7mm! Please do share a picture of the rolling pendant when you receive it! I'm Chinese and have the exact skin tone you describe so I'm taking notes ;-) And may i ask the rough cost of the project aside from the pearl? I had a rolling pendant that was stolen along with my entire jewelry inventory last summer, I've been wanting to replace it as it used to be my go to piece in the summer. I'm excited for your necklace!!

@ittypea: i am sorry that happened :cry2:

this is the style I got.

The setting itself is under two hundred.

ittypea

Rough_Rock
@ittypea: i am sorry that happened :cry2:

this is the style I got.

The setting itself is under two hundred.

That's exactly the design of the necklace I lost. I will have to replace it now that I know where to purchase. You'll LOVE the necklace, it's so versatile and goes with everything!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@yssie Thank you so much for your great advice and honest opinion. I am glad someone points it out so I don't go irrational. :lol-2: I will gladly take your advice and wear my current pair for awhile and see how it goes! :D

if i worked with you i'd want to see these pearls tomorrow !!

Can a pearl ever be too big Wilma ?

ckrice

Rough_Rock
That's exactly the design of the necklace I lost. I will have to replace it now that I know where to purchase. You'll LOVE the necklace, it's so versatile and goes with everything!

Thank you, I can't wait to see them in person! :kiss2: Excited you are going to get one for yourself too!! I will upload a photo for your reference when I receive them ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results