shape
carat
color
clarity

AHHHHHH, lost diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
About two weeks ago, or so, I lost the stone out of my ring.
cry.gif

But....was fortunate enough to find it.
Actually my 15 mos. old found it in the carpet.
If anyone has young kids, you know that even if you''ve just finished vacuuming, they can still find things that apprently were missed
rolleyes.gif

This prompted me to buy a moissanite of the same size, give or take some.
I''m totally paranoid now to even wear it outside the house
errrr.gif
(The real diamond)
My question is...how will the stone look over time, and is there anything I should or shouldn''t do as far as the care of it goes
confused.gif

Thanks
wavey.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Andrea,

Sure glad you found it!

The most careful thing to do is use common sense
when wearing a diamond.

- No swimming!
- No construction work!
- No using the diamond as a door stop!

I think you get the idea...

kirk

Spyder

Rough_Rock
Six prongs are more secure than four prongs.

Platinum head is more secure than gold head.

These are things to keep in mind when buying a setting.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
An almost lost diamond can give you a fright
Make you tempted to hide it away
But these babies are meant to be worn and enjoyed
And glow on your finger each day

So tighten those prongs till they hold the stone well
Do just what it takes - I implore
For life passes by far too quickly
To say.....why didn't I wear it more !

Aprile

Rough_Rock
I agree w/the above posts. I too lost a diamond yrs ago but was not fortunate enough to find it. I had a 4 prong ring. When I got a replacement I went w/a 6 prong which worked out to my advantage. My 0.45 looked "smaller" w/6 prongs so I felt I had the perfect excuse to upgrade to something bigger! LOL
Am I correct in assuming that you were referring to your real diamond when you asked about daily care as opposed to the moisanitte?

aprile
1.gif

P.S. Congrats on finding the diamond BTW
appl.gif

billv45

Rough_Rock
One more for the not to do list:
Leave your hand on the roof of the van while your husband is closing your door (twice) while parked in a gravel parking lot! I thought I was never going to get off the couch! (I was the husband!)

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Four things here. . .

Thank goodness you found it!

Get a more secure setting but, don't stop wearing it. For the love of diamonds . . .please!

I love how HeyJud always writes with flow.

Bill please explain, I didn't understand.

billv45

Rough_Rock
My wife was getting into our full size van by grabbing the top of the door opening (you know were the door closes!) and I shut (more like slammed) the van door to close it. When it didn't close I thought that was odd and closed it again. Well thank fully she wasn't hurt since the ring caught most of the force of the blow but it sure dislodged the diamond, a nice little 1.04 emerald cut. We spent an hour going thru the gravel in the unpaved parking lot to no avail. We gave up and I opened her door to let her in again and there it was on the floor mat. I was just joking about sleeping on the couch. I actually didn't catch too much slack over the whole thing.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I can't stop giggling, I love true stories that are happy ending comedy of errors. I'm still laughing.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Have it insured. That should take some of the stress off of losing it. Do not stop wearing it. A diamond is only beautiful if it is displayed for all to see.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Well, to quote Kirk, "No construction work", that was sort of what I had been doing earlier in the day.
I was helping my husband move a barn, and yes it can be done, and I caught my hand, more like my ring I guess, and pulled a prong loose.
I was fortunate enough that it didn't work itself loose until I was in the house.
Man, would that have been some really expensive fertilizer
eek.gif
(We pulled the barn through a farm field close to our land)
I do have it insured, but I don't think it would be quite the same to have to replace it.
And actually my question was geared more towards the moissanite, for the care of the stone.
And never fear, I do still wear my real diamond, but their are certain places I go that I swap stones first.
Thanks
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results