shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahhh, help me decide!! NM gown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
ahhh, I haven''t decided yet!!!!! I think it''s because I really just want a dress that I feel good in, that is well-made and is appropriate for my ceremony and reception choices. I do know that I do NOT want to spend a lot of money (like under 1k would be great!) and so I am so tempted!

A piece of me says:

"keep looking, these aren''t your dream dresses, just beautiful gowns at an amazing price."

And another piece says:

"just buy it and sell it if it doesn''t work! You can''t pass this up! You don''t even have a dream dress!"

Yet another piece says:

"Which gown would you even buy? The strapless is cool, but you''ve always said you don''t like those. But the original one is too casual. What if you can''t sell it? What if?"

32.gif
Enough to make a girl crazy!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Girl, you''re worse than me, and I''m pretty bad! hehehe

I was a little twisted up about it, because it may very well look terrible on me but hey, if it doesn''t work, it just doesn''t and I''ll sell it to another NM lover.

I did like the dress ever better when it looked a little more ''filled in,'' I must admit.
9.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s bad, Bia, it''s bad.

I have been furiously emailing with MOH, texting my mom, checking in here and writing a paper like all day. Can''t make a decision on my own clearly!

Oh well, I have lots of people in my life to help me, including you lovely ladies!

Any advice/insight/feedback/ideas are most appreciated!

And now that the strapless has been posted, I am intrigued. It is simple and well-made, and the price is certainly right. We are going for a super classic, pretty formal theme (colors are black, ivory/cream and hints of gold), so the more I think about it the more the original one doesn''t seem to work. And the strapless has that bit of gold in it. Hmmmm.....what sort of capelet/bolero thing would look cool with that??

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The more I look at these dresses, the more I vote for mermaid with bolero. Especially for the church ceremony...I think the strapless + bolero look would work for the Catholic church, and then you could take the jacket off for the reception.

I think this jacket from Alfred Angelo would look fantastic (in ivory). If you wanted short sleeves, you could do something like this, but just be careful to get a good color match. Alfred Angelo and David''s Bridal both have options that might work...

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Jstar! Those are some good finds. I hadn''t considered this option, and now it sure has me thinking!

Maybe I will let fate decide and see if they''re still there tomorrow in my size....

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
If you end up getting the silky dress a white faux fur capelet would look beautiful for a January wedding. Something like that plus blingy earrings would make the outfit look quite formal.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are even questioning the dress, then I say don''t buy it. Find the perfect dress for you and don''t just buy one because you can get a good price on it. Personally, I think the dress is too casual for a full Catholic wedding and may not be the best choice for a winter wedding. There are plenty of dresses that are not frilly and full but are still more formal. You may have to look through a lot of dresses before one you fall in love with completely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results