shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahem....Amber?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
....so, what''d you find? Did you try on every ring in the store? Spill!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what she said, and post pictures and links too please!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m here for the pics and stories.
1.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2006 11:19:06 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''m here for the pics and stories.
1.gif
Me Too!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Me too, me too!!!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Holy Lord Ladies!! I had no idea I was keeping people from their work!
28.gif
I was super busy all weekend.. wearing my ring!!! Now, we didn''t get the stone, because Robbins Bros. is a rip-off... But, I got the setting, and we''re talking wedding dates (March of ''07 again!!), AND HONEYMOONS!! I told him to propose without the stone, I couldn''t care less, but NO..
20.gif
Anyway, the camera is missing for some reason (I think it''s in the pit of his car, along with Jimmy Hoffa), so no pictures, but if I find something like it, I''ll add it. But for now, here''s the specs.. White gold, with 8 diamonds (four on each side of the center stone) totaling .56ctw. Each of those diamonds are prong-set, as well as a four prong setting for the center stone (more about that later). The small stones are G/H color and VS2 clarity, I think. The prong setting for each tiny stone made the setting into sort of a graduated step-like setting. The center prongs are set down into the setting, so it''s different from the tiffany-type, not so high. They are so petite and shiny, they just flash so brightly. Now, I seriously wanted to just LOOk, not buy, but when the girl brought the ring out, I put it on, and it fit perfectly. PERFECTLY. I literally saw stars!
30.gif
I fell in love with the setting- it''s the slimmest setting I''ve ever seen, she said it was 1mm but I doubt it- maybe 1.5. It''s so slim. I put all thoughts of solitaires out of my head (but I tried some on anyway) and this ring was THE ONE.
30.gif
I told Paul we could totally get cheaper stones online, so we''re going to look (or I am, really). And Robbins Bros. said they''ll set the stone into the setting. I took the advice from another PSer, and told them we have an heirloom stone at home.
20.gif
More on the stones...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
EBree, it''s kinda like that one, but it''s slimmer, and I can''t tell how the diamonds are set completely, the diamonds on mine (I love saying that!!) are set into a kind of contour setting, just step-looking because of the prongs...
9.gif
Also, the head is only four normal prongs, and I forgot- it''s a platinum head (actually came that way! Lucky me!) As for stones, girls, let me say, I tried on EVERYTHING- I had to! It''s me! And I chose my stone shape- Radiant!! I tired on Cushions, I tried on princess, I tried on Emerald, and Round, and even oval... But the Radiant spoke to me. It''s gorgeous. I tired on a .70 carat and a .71, and a 1.02. Of course i loved the 1.02 (who wouldn''t?) but I the .70/.71 were just fine. And I figured with the budget we have set for ourselves for the stone, (2,600) I can find something great. I tried on I/J color, and couldn''t see the difference (until it was side by side with a F/G color). Paul thinks we should look into a G/H color to match the sidestones. I also tried on a stone that was I1 (
32.gif
) and couldn''t see the inclusions. So now I''m looking for something with a SI1/2. I tried on some of those and couldn''t see them either. Thank God for my poor vision! Girls, it was the radiant stone all the way. I am in love..
30.gif
I tired on an emerald cut (1.01 carats) F, and it just bored me. As you all know, I love the shape, so the radiant is perfect!! Yay!! I''m going huntin'' for a stone... We''re saving up til Mid April, to get the most money for a stone.. So the proposal is then.. Til'' then, I''m wearing the setting around the house. I will find the camera, and send you all pics, hopefully soon! This has been a crazy weekend- I lost my cell at IHOP yesterday!! But I don''t care, I''m on the road to marriage! Now we''re finalizing all the wedding things, dates, honeymoons, venues... We''re moving fast!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Yiiiipppeee Amber!! This sounds beautiful!
30.gif
Things ARE moving along rather quickly- can''t wait to see that radiant in the setting! Radiants are beautiful! I''m picturing the angels crying out from heaven with a beam of light shining on your finger while you are trying this setting on- hee hee!
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tracy, it was almost like that.. Except picture my sweating boyfriend next to me going, are you SURE you won''t change your mind again?! But then he got excited when he saw it on my hand and said, it looks perfect. Also, he couldn''t help but add, now we can get you a smaller center stone, since your ring has diamonds, too! Crap.
38.gif
To be honest, Robbins Bros even set some smaller radiants into the setting to show what they''d look like. So halleluyah!! Girls, I am just ecstatic. And, we''re going to honeymoon in Australia! (My brother lives there with his FI) Yay!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I lost my cell at IHOP yesterday!! But I don''t care, I''m on the road to marriage! Now we''re finalizing all the wedding things, dates, honeymoons, venues... We''re moving fast!
Congrats on finding the one! Whenever someone mentions IHOP I think of the rootie-tootie proposal
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Starset, tell me about it! I was like, oh well, at least I only lost that! I have insurance so I can get it back in no time.
28.gif
Pretty stupid of me, though. I didn''t tell my BF about the IHOP Rooty Tooty Proposal- don''t want to give him any ideas! I look so silly at home, with my little ring setting and no stone.
emembarrassed.gif
I love it.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Amber!! That''s so exciting!
1.gif
Good luck on your search for the perfect radiant! and I hope you don''t have to wait too long! Keep us up to date, of course, and take pictures asap
1.gif

Btw, Australia sounds like an awesome honeymoon!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Man, I do work for a couple hours and look what I miss!
20.gif

SO EXCITING AMBER!!!!!!! I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And of course I approve of the superskinny diamond band!
2.gif
It sounds GORGEOUS!!!! And I want pics NOWWW!!!!

And a radiant! Ooooh!
5.gif
One of my best friends has one and I must say it is beaauuuutiful! Glad you found something that really called to you!!!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, you guys! I''m so happy I found what I like- love! I felt like such a dummy telling my boyfriend that this setting and that stone "spoke to me" even though it really did! Last night i wasn''t able to sleep- I kept formulating what I was going to tell you guys about it! Well, that and the gallon on caffeinated iced tea really kept me blazingly awake!
face10.gif
I knew you guys would understand it speaking to me. I knew I wasn''t crazy!!I told the girl that I wanted a really slim band, and get this- I was so close to saying, you know, like Albi''s band, that I had to smack myself. Kalispera- I tired on settings like that with the radiant, and it was stunning. Those 8 teeny diamonds just grabbed me. When I told the girl about the slim band, she went into the vault and pulled *MINE* out. It also had an attached wedding band (not attached, but attached with stickers) so I got to see how they looked together. We''re getting the band, too!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2006 3:21:45 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I told the girl that I wanted a really slim band, and get this- I was so close to saying, you know, like Albi''s band, that I had to smack myself.

Hahaha, I feel famous!
9.gif
(not to mention sooo flattered - thanks!
9.gif
)

And I totally caught myself starting to share some random PS story with a casual friend the other day and was like oh, ummm, maybe I don''t want to have to explain who these people are I''m talking about and just sort of backed out of the story I started telling....hehe oh well!
4.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I know, I told my boyfriend I was so excited to share this info with all the girls, and he just looked at me and smiled. I was like, okay, I know...

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Amber I am sooooooooooooo excited for you!!! Your setting sounds fantastic and beautiful
36.gif
We must have some pictures soon
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Amber it sounds wonderful!!! I cannot wait to see pictures!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay is it this one?
0355011_t_lg%5B1%5D.jpg
Or perhaps this one?
0353149_r_lg%5B1%5D.jpg

ETA perhaps this one?
0197621_r_lg.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Matadora, I think that''s just about it... BUT (hee hee) the head is four prongs. I''d also have to see the side for that one, too, because I have honestly never seen the setting I got, I was thrown!. I want to take pictures so bad! I need to find the camera! What''s funny is- I WEAR the ring when he''s sleeping (early bird, that man), and I pretend I''m shaking hands, and pointing to things..
emembarrassed.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Wow Amber! I thought you were "just looking" this past weekend...That is awesome that you found your setting! That scares me a little because we are going shopping this weekend to go "just looking" and I seem to change my mind every 5 seconds as to what I want. Maybe it''s good we are just looking for now since I can''t make up my mind, but eventually I''m hoping one setting will jump out at me like yours did.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2006 6:29:25 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Matadora, I think that''s just about it... BUT (hee hee) the head is four prongs. I''d also have to see the side for that one, too, because I have honestly never seen the setting I got, I was thrown!. I want to take pictures so bad! I need to find the camera! What''s funny is- I WEAR the ring when he''s sleeping (early bird, that man), and I pretend I''m shaking hands, and pointing to things..
emembarrassed.gif
Which one is it? 1,2 or 3?
32.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Matadora, I can''t see #1 or #2 rings
39.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
YAY AMBER!! I can''t believe you found your setting already-that is great!! It sounds like things are moving along now, so Congrats on that.. I can''t wait to see your ring.. Post pics as soon as you can!! YAY!!
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Matadora, I could only see #3, and that''s what it looked like, to me. I also forgot to thank EBree, for giving my inspiration for my ring, as well. It was from her ring that I got the idea to get a band with diamonds on it- so Thank You!!

Because my boyfriend guilted me into making him a lunch this morning (he let me sleep in an extra half an hour! And believe me, it makes a difference, 6 as opposed to 6:30?!) and even though I was nicely outfitted in my hat, scarf, and gloves, I had to de-comfy and put some freezing baby carrots in a bag for him.
28.gif
Anyway, where was I going with this? Oh yeah, he said that we''re going to look for the camera so I can download some pictures for you guys!! Isn''t he the best? He''s excited, too, I think. We''re really getting started with things!! And I didn''t know this, but my mom is giving us a couple thousand dollars for the wedding, so it''s not all on us. I''m thinking of that yacht thing again... Last night, I was cuddling him and said, Oh my god, we''re getting married! And for the first time he said, Yeah we are!! Even though he hasn''t proposed yet, ya know? He wants to do it with ring w/stone in it. So cute.

GGLW, I swear on my life that I didn''t think we were going to buy anything, I kept thinking- I can find better somewhere else for cheaper, but girls, I LOVE my ring. I thought about it and said, if I don''t get it now, I may never will. And I had the ring on last night (before BF came home
27.gif
) and the diamonds on the side are just SO tiny. So sparkly and glittering. I get so excited!! I''m so glad they''re tiny, I tried an eternity band on, with the prong-set and they are so uncomfortable for me. And I type a lot, too. The fact that the 8 diamonds are on the top of the band (you''ll see tomorrow!) and just barely meet the sides, is perfect.
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t the extra sparkle on the band completely worth it? I mean, solitaires are beautiful (I was originally planning on having one in the early stages of looking) but once I slid a setting with diamonds onto my finger, that was it. I was in love.
30.gif

I can''t wait for pictures, Amber!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
EBree, it really was yours that kinda put the little thought into my head.. It''s funny because we''re already acting like we''re engaged, planning the wedding party (his sister is always late for things, and he doesn''t want her to be a bridesmaid because of it), the food and all that. YAY! And I''ve got to say, the diamonds are a great touch.
30.gif
I love them. I want to wear it on a string around my neck, and show everyone.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehehe, so happy for you Amber, that all sounds awesome!
9.gif

And I know what you mean about the diamond setting...as much as I looooove my center stone, I spend sooo much time watching my extra sparkle on the setting, and I get so many compliments on it! I just love the "total package" effect, that ALL of the ring is worth staring at (a lot) not just the center stone!
9.gif

Can''t WAIT to see pictures of yours!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy for you Amber! Shame on me, I''d forgotten you had a ring shopping trip... You even bought your setting!! This is so exciting! I can''t wait to see IT!!
9.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results