shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS new cut grade system early 2005

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2004 11:33:23 AM
Author: Serg
re: Sergey What you want to know is the relative intensity of the illumination of the diamond from both the face and the bulb, a geometry related problem, and if the diamond and the face are at similiar distances from the face, depending on the aspect angles the 20% numbers look reasonable.

No, No, No, No, No,

I ask about brightness source light for your ray tracing software. I suppose You want use face like source light. I think it is one way to consider light from face in your software.
What, I''m setting up to do, is to use different zones in the hemisphere (like obscuration) to have different intensities relative to white =1.0 (or with the Moon & Spencer Zenith attenuation) rather than the 0 or 1 system I have now..

He Scores

Shiny_Rock
I had three BrayScore stones evaluated at the AGS booth in Vegas. One was graded a 0 and the other two were graded a 1 and possibly a low 1.

The Brayscores on them were 922, 868, and 648.

I disagree with those that say there is no ideal. There is if you are looking at craftmanship. There isn't if you are looking at performance. The light performance systems are just that...."Look Grades" and not cut grades. They perform in a certain environment but may look different from different views...

Eventually, the performance sellers may want to differentiate their goods.

As for those who are hung up on Eightstars. I had a cutter call me with an Eightstar that had 31 degree crown angles. Quite frankly, I don't think diamondtaires across the board will consider that a premium cut regardless of how it performs. There is Optical Symetry and Physical Symetry in a finished diamond.

I've said it before. If people bought diamonds just for the way they looked, then everyone would wear a knock off Rolex, because the knockoffs are hard to tell from the real things.. But people pay the big bucks for real Rolex's not for what they see, but for the workmanship inside that can't be seen, the 240 little miracles that pass a certain chronograph test.

Face it. Performance is marketing. What the world has been looking for since the inception of the diamond grading report is a workable cut grade that is a standard for the trade, just like clarity grading and weighing and color grading, metal fineness etc. In order for it to be a standard, everyone must know the parameters of exactly how to produce them, just like the metal firms know exactly how to mix metals.

BrayScore can tell the cutters the exact measurements they must meet for a perfect score and then it's up to the cutter to work his skill. One things for certain. Every performance system I've subjected them too has been able rate the order of the 3 BrayScored stones. Not all performance stone producers are so quick to have their stones scored.

Like one lab told me...all top BrayScore stones are nice.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results