shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS laboratories adopts WFDB HP/HT recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Haven't people been known to shave off the girld inscriptions for some man-made and treated diamonds and sell them on the market as the real McCoys? I wonder to what extend that happens?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
It's been known to happen, but if you go by the number of times people have been caught doing it, it doesn't seem too common. The consequences of getting caught, at least at the wholesale level, are pretty severe--you can pretty much expect that no one will want to buy your diamonds ever again.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
".........said Peter Yantzer, executive director of American Gem Society Laboratories. “We believe that supporting an industry wide system will better protect the consumer.”"

I don't know that I necessarily agree with this statement. While the initial purchaser is protected, what about the buyer on the secondary market? An unscrupulous jeweler could easily polish out the inscription and sell the diamond as unCerted to an unwitting buyer. That is true for any laser inscribed diamond. There are still shops and buyers out there that don't trade in Certed stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results