shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS ideal, Infinity Diamond...Opinions

sfisher

Rough_Rock
So I had previously posted this stone on a different thread. However, Since that time I have been able to get ASET and Idealscope images for the diamond as well as an actual picture of the stone from GOG's website. I currently have the stone on hold and am basically just looking for the opinions of those who are much more educated on this subject than myself.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8692/

Also, GOG doest NOT own the stone, they had brought it in for another potential customer to view. The reason that this is important to me is that WF has the same stone listed at $700 less than GOG. Has anyone dealt with this issue in the past ? do you know if Jonathan and GOG would be willing to price match ?

Thanks in advance for any help?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand. How can WF have the same stone?

It's gorgeous. Of course.

sfisher

Rough_Rock
they brought it in from one of their manufacturer's for another customer who ended up not purchasing the stone. However, they decided to post it on their website because it is an exceptional stone. So technically, the diamond still belongs to the manufacturer, GOG just happens to currently have it "in house"

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. Point out the price issue and see if they will do anything about it. You never know until you ask.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask GOG if they will price match. Also note that GOG's trade up/buy back policy is better than WF, which WF does not automatically gives to virtual stone, so that accounts for some price discrepancy.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
sfisher|1316234354|3019318 said:
So I had previously posted this stone on a different thread. However, Since that time I have been able to get ASET and Idealscope images for the diamond as well as an actual picture of the stone from GOG's website. I currently have the stone on hold and am basically just looking for the opinions of those who are much more educated on this subject than myself.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8692/

Also, GOG doest NOT own the stone, they had brought it in for another potential customer to view. The reason that this is important to me is that WF has the same stone listed at $700 less than GOG. Has anyone dealt with this issue in the past ? do you know if Jonathan and GOG would be willing to price match ?

Thanks in advance for any help?
THAT STONE IS MAGNIFICENT! I hope you're the purchaser!

GOG might price match but them having it in store makes me more inclined to pay more, esp if it's got their guarantee and tradeup policy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It says purchased - did you buy it?

sfisher

Rough_Rock
I put a deposit down on it, just trying to get some final opinions before I pull the trigger

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous diamond.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think someone else brought up this diamond in another thread, but at WF. Or maybe that was you? Too lazy to search.

Anyway, BUY THIS PRINCESS!!! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I were in your position. Infinity diamonds are usually way more expensive than that (I had mentioned on the other thread that the only Infinity princess of comparable size and price was a K color), and some say they're the most beautiful princess cuts out there. I haven't seen one in person so I can't speak to that, but I can say that they hold their own against any of the other ideal princesses we typically recommend (GOG signature, BGD Signature, WF ACA, Solasfera, etc.).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
sfisher|1316361984|3020130 said:
I put a deposit down on it, just trying to get some final opinions before I pull the trigger

Just pull the trigger. NO other stone is going to beat this one for performance. Guaranteed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gosh, what's not to like?

cheers--Sharon

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1316398821|3020421 said:
HI:

Gosh, what's not to like?

cheers--Sharon

Perhaps the SI1 clarity? That would be the one thing that would hold me back. But SI1 is a mind-clean issue for me, and it's not for many others.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oh, just a side note...this stone is a great example of how some of the best-performing princesses can have higher depth percentages than what was previously considered "ideal" in the trade. This one has a depth of 78%. The OP shouldn't let this bother him/her because it's a fantastic stone, and if anyone else is concerned about that depth in a princess, hopefully a search will bring them to this thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results