shape
carat
color
clarity

ags fancy grading... should i buy now or wait a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rareform

Rough_Rock
hi all.... i've decided to purchase a princess cut for my future fiancé - the jubilee's are amazing, but she absolutely loves the totally square cut corners of the princess.  I know i've got a long search ahead (i'm really picky) but i'm looking forward to the fun now that she's helped me to decide on the shape.  i haven't kept up with the post that cut nut started regarding the new ags fancy cut grading system (will be shortly) but for those that have i'd love your thoughts as to whether i should buy now or wait till it comes out.  i'm not in any rush to buy.  thanks for your previous help those that replied to my earlier posts re princess vs. jubilee - look forward to everyones replys.  darin

btw, as long as i've got your attention - this may be too broad a question without specific diamonds to compare but i understand that princess cuts tend to show color more than other cuts; i'm wondering if there is a color grade separation that when the diamond is set will still face up white.  i.e. i'd be okay with g or h but stay away from i, etc.??  does that make sense?  my budget is around $8500. and i'm trying to determine where i should be with color - like a lot of folks i'm sure, i want to find one that has a smaller table than depth, crown angles above 10, and si1 if it's eye clean.  i'm thinking with that budget and those details carat weight might fall between 1 and 1.3 or so?  any thoughts on the color?  thanks again...... darin

sorry, meant crown percentage above 10!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results