shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS Diamond Quality Report... Paying a premium?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
I get why AGS'' Diamond Quality Document carries a premium in terms of cost... Scoring 000 will increase the stones value etc...

As far as I can tell, the AGS Diamond Quality Report is essentially a newer style GIA cert... No grade value, just measurements etc...

So, that begs the question... Are you paying a premium for the AGS name on a DQR, when you''re not getting the benefit of the DCD? I assume the stone would not have been submitted for a DQR because it would not have made at least 1-2 0''s, right?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only DQRs I have seen are Whiteflash Expert Selection, and of course those are at a lower price point, so I see no premium for the AGS name.

Most of those stones have ideal proportions, many have ideal finish and light performance as well.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You are right, Sna77, AGS 000 DQD''s do carry a premium (up to 5%-10% last time I checked) Some folks also say that AGS is more conservative on clarity grading but it has to be verified for each stone.

I doubt, however that there is a premium for DQR without 000 and you are probably right the reason for not getting DQD if it won''t score 000. At the same time AGS report on color and clarity should be pretty reliable plus you get the angles and faster turnover might also be the reason to send a diamond to AGS instead of GIA.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 6:51:01 PM
Author: Pricescope
You are right, Sna77, AGS 000 DQD''s do carry a premium (up to 5%-10% last time I checked) Some folks also say that AGS is more conservative on clarity grading but it has to be verified for each stone.

I doubt, however that there is a premium for DQR without 000 and you are probably right the reason for not getting DQD if it won''t score 000. At the same time AGS report on color and clarity should be pretty reliable plus you get the angles and faster turnover might also be the reason to send a diamond to AGS instead of GIA.

Gotcha... Thanks... So much to learn...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results