Custom cut CBI story

voce

Ideal_Rock
and glam shots are here!

20181023-Img5983.jpg

20181023-Img5985.jpg

20181023-Img5992.jpg 20181023-Img5996.jpg
:love::love:These glam shots are TDF!!! :appl:
So much excitement, you're going to have so many projects/gemstones to set!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think you may have started a trend...….:appl:

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very happy for you!! Can't wait to see it on your finger!!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
and glam shots are here!

20181023-Img5983.jpg

20181023-Img5985.jpg

Wow! Wow! What a magical stone! You can tell it's going to have so much personality, like it'll be one of those stones that you'll find something differently beautiful about each time you look at it. Lucky lucky you!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @sledge . That's odd: Only diamonds "Now being Crafted" should lack photos, but that's because we're still creating them. Once finished and graded we'll photograph them. All others in any listings should have real photos. If you're finding differently please let us know, as we know browsers sometimes have hiccups we need to report to our web Jedi.

Thank you.

The issues I am having is related to the HPD website, not CBI's site. So perhaps this is more an issue that @Wink should be aware of than you. FWIW, I normally use Win10 machines with Google or Firefox, updated to the latest versions.

The issues:
  • Always greeted with a sample photo of a diamond and message below that states "Video coming soon. Actual diamond images below."
  • In the example of the 0.90ct stone (HPD10364), you see 3 images below and if you click on the far left image, it actually starts at image 4/11 instead of 1/11.
    • I didn't notice this until I tried to find an example
    • Re-thinking the situation, it's possible that because I just assumed I started at the first picture I always clicked right and never clicked "backwards" making me think certain images weren't available or posted (so in a sense I may have misspoken earlier)
    • IMO, it needs to start at the first image
    • While 11 images sounds enticing, many are duplications. In this example, multiple ASET, idealscope and arrows image. This is clunky & confusing.
  • In addition to the performance & symmetry images I would like to see an actual photo of the real diamond, and not a sample photo.
  • Also, I would like to see actual videos as well. I understand multiple formats exist (thinking WF style, JA style, etc); however, I would like to see something that can be repeated so if looking at multiple stones from HPD I can analyze and compare to see which speaks to me.
    • While I am certain @Wink would do this on request, I do not want to bother him if I am just browsing on behalf of others or trying to ascertain a future purchase for myself.
    • The above point aside, I believe having the standard video come from CBI ensures your brand image is maintained rather it is displayed on HPD's site, or one other your other dealers.
  • When entering search criteria I constantly get a "data table warning". See image below.
  • When on my mobile, it is impossible for me to expand the "search diamonds" feature from the main menu (my screen capture software can't properly catch for a photo). Instead I have to go down the main page and hit the "Search Now" button. It works, but is annoying.
I can expand more on some of this if you'd like but I'd prefer not to pollute this thread anymore than necessary. I would give you an email address but I got a warning last time I did so. That in mind, please have the mods contact me on your behalf and I will be happy to communicate in that manner.

Mostly, I hope these comments are taken in the constructive manner they are meant. Without doubt, I have the utmost respect for the high quality stones CBI produces and hands down some of THE best customer service I've seen from not only CBI, but HPD too (Wink is rather incredible). You guys are doing things right, and these are small areas of improvement that can make it even better.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

and glam shots are here!

20181023-Img5983.jpg

20181023-Img5985.jpg

My apologies to the disruption of your thread. Your stone is absolutely amazing -- even moreso in the videos and glam shots! Great job CBI/HPD team. I can't believe how white the stone looks for the actual color grade. :love: :love: :love:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please forgive the interruption @lovedogs.

Hello @sledge – Much of what you wrote above is HPD specific. Thank you for such attention to detail and I can clarify some points for you.
Always greeted with a sample photo of a diamond and message below that states "Video coming soon. Actual diamond images below."
That is correct. There are 5 photos below the single brand-image These include a magnified-image, hearts, arrows, ideal-scope and ASET of the specific diamond. We regularly hear that the photos look alike (minus inclusions) but I assure you they are indeed actual diamond images. The reason they are so similar is because Crafted by Infinity targets a very tiny bullseye for identical performance, which they always strike.
In the example of the 0.90ct stone (HPD10364), you see 3 images below and if you click on the far left image, it actually starts at image 4/11 instead of 1/11. I didn't notice this until I tried to find an example
Correct. CBI sends 5 images. The HPD site duplicates some backwards/forwards to enable carousel-style browsing on certain devices.
In addition to the performance & symmetry images I would like to see an actual photo of the real diamond, and not a sample photo.
It’s there. A magnified photo is always present as one of the 5 provided. It’s not a sample. Again, I realize they look very much alike, but they truly are actual images!
Also, I would like to see actual videos as well. I understand multiple formats exist (thinking WF style, JA style, etc); however, I would like to see something that can be repeated so if looking at multiple stones from HPD I can analyze and compare to see which speaks to me. While I am certain @Wink would do this on request, I do not want to bother him if I am just browsing on behalf of others or trying to ascertain a future purchase for myself. The above point aside, I believe having the standard video come from CBI ensures your brand image is maintained rather it is displayed on HPD's site, or one other your other dealers.
There is a reason this has taken time to evolve. You are mentioning online sellers above, as HPD is an online seller, but please remember that CBI is primarily a showroom brand. Online stores use photos to make sales, and the actual diamond only comes to the buyer later. But CBI built their business selling their diamonds in head to head comparisons against other diamonds. No photos needed. Even the technical views get seen in-person, which is far superior to photos. This is one of the reasons my company works very hard to send our clients into one of the CBI showrooms, because seeing the diamonds being considered in-person is far more powerful than comparing photos.

With that said, my appeals to CBI for video have recently been heard. I am pleased to announce 360-degree videos starting to populate on my site. Look for a dark-blue “360” icon beneath the brand-image, with the other actual photos. It will take time, but eventually all diamonds will have that standardized video.

I do want to say I consider it a generous favor that CBI has always provided the 5 images for me to use, and now video. I do not take this for granted, since I recognize that thousands of diamond photos and videos are being produced and posted to HPD, but will never be viewed by ultimate buyers who see CBI in showrooms and fall in love with their own eyes.
When entering search criteria I constantly get a "data table warning". See image below. When on my mobile, it is impossible for me to expand the "search diamonds" feature from the main menu (my screen capture software can't properly catch for a photo). Instead I have to go down the main page and hit the "Search Now" button. It works, but is annoying.
Thank you for alerting about the ‘data table’ warning. I will alert my developer. As for increased mobile optimization, it’s on the list but we’re working hard on our settings section at the moment, hoping to launch it very soon, and it must take priority. When that happens the carousel duplication may no longer be necessary, but I am not sure.
I can expand more on some of this if you'd like but I'd prefer not to pollute this thread anymore than necessary. I would give you an email address but I got a warning last time I did so. That in mind, please have the mods contact me on your behalf and I will be happy to communicate in that manner. Mostly, I hope these comments are taken in the constructive manner they are meant. Without doubt, I have the utmost respect for the high quality stones CBI produces and hands down some of THE best customer service I've seen from not only CBI, but HPD too (Wink is rather incredible). You guys are doing things right, and these are small areas of improvement that can make it even better.
Wow. Thank you very much for the kind compliments. You may feel free to contact me at any time, using any channel on the HPD website. I’m certain others would welcome contact as well.

I also hope lovedogs doesn’t mind this technical time-out here in this wonderful thread of celebration. We are so pleased at your joy, lovedogs, and the joy being likewise shared back with you!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
You're going to have SO MUCH FUN admiring your stone!! CBIs are superb performers and I'm so glad you got one. But beware of your surroundings, because it is easy to get distracted looking at the stone in different lights and then BAM, you fell, or knocked someone over! :-o

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, who else, after seeing @Wink's entry, went through the HPD directory trying to find a video?! :dance:

I found one - this is the first one I found after randomly frantically clicking - https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10045 ... found a few more since then... :love: actually to be honest Wink's correct - they honestly do not do the stones justice at all!!! But it's wonderful that they're starting to appear, what a step forwards.

I also noted that the 5.12 I VS2 is on hold... o_O (You know, of course that was the one that I frantically 'randomly' clicked on first... :whistle:) How long has that been the case? Oooh boy do I hope it's a pricescope member...

Also @lovedogs, CANNOT WAIT to see further pictures!!!!!!!!!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @Wink, I just wanted to confirm I saw your response and I have a few comments back but will continue this conversation via email so we keep disruptions out of this thread. I found your email address on your website and will reach out later tonight or tomorrow.

By the way, every stinkin' time I see those pics I have to re-watch the video. Really an amazing stone! Just a tad jealous. ;)2

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @Wink, I just wanted to confirm I saw your response and I have a few comments back but will continue this conversation via email so we keep disruptions out of this thread. I found your email address on your website and will reach out later tonight or tomorrow.

By the way, every stinkin' time I see those pics I have to re-watch the video. Really an amazing stone! Just a tad jealous. ;)2

Well then, you can always join the CBI family in the future. I am sure @Wink and the rest of us would welcome you with open arms.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just figure out my budget and pick one. For me personally, I do not have to see the stone. This is why I LOVE HPD.

My ring is getting set and I haven’t seen the .57F yet. They all look alike. It’s going to look just like my .56G.

Also, the photos and videos do not do them justice at all. The photos can’t capture that special look.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just figure out my budget and pick one. For me personally, I do not have to see the stone. This is why I LOVE HPD.
I agree, I pretty much know what to expect by looking at the ASET, H&A, AGS report and IS on Wink's website.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I pretty much know what to expect by looking at the ASET, H&A, AGS report and IS on Wink's website.

I agree, I bought all five of my CBI diamonds without seeing them first. The only one that Wink insisted that he send me (that I graciously turned down) was the 2.31 Q-VVS2 that was originally out of my F color zone of the other four CBIs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The issues I am having is related to the HPD website, not CBI's site. So perhaps this is more an issue that @Wink should be aware of than you. FWIW, I normally use Win10 machines with Google or Firefox, updated to the latest versions.

The issues:
  • Always greeted with a sample photo of a diamond and message below that states "Video coming soon. Actual diamond images below."
  • In the example of the 0.90ct stone (HPD10364), you see 3 images below and if you click on the far left image, it actually starts at image 4/11 instead of 1/11.
    • I didn't notice this until I tried to find an example
    • Re-thinking the situation, it's possible that because I just assumed I started at the first picture I always clicked right and never clicked "backwards" making me think certain images weren't available or posted (so in a sense I may have misspoken earlier)
    • IMO, it needs to start at the first image
    • While 11 images sounds enticing, many are duplications. In this example, multiple ASET, idealscope and arrows image. This is clunky & confusing.
  • In addition to the performance & symmetry images I would like to see an actual photo of the real diamond, and not a sample photo.
  • Also, I would like to see actual videos as well. I understand multiple formats exist (thinking WF style, JA style, etc); however, I would like to see something that can be repeated so if looking at multiple stones from HPD I can analyze and compare to see which speaks to me.
    • While I am certain @Wink would do this on request, I do not want to bother him if I am just browsing on behalf of others or trying to ascertain a future purchase for myself.
    • The above point aside, I believe having the standard video come from CBI ensures your brand image is maintained rather it is displayed on HPD's site, or one other your other dealers.
  • When entering search criteria I constantly get a "data table warning". See image below.
  • When on my mobile, it is impossible for me to expand the "search diamonds" feature from the main menu (my screen capture software can't properly catch for a photo). Instead I have to go down the main page and hit the "Search Now" button. It works, but is annoying.
I can expand more on some of this if you'd like but I'd prefer not to pollute this thread anymore than necessary. I would give you an email address but I got a warning last time I did so. That in mind, please have the mods contact me on your behalf and I will be happy to communicate in that manner.

Mostly, I hope these comments are taken in the constructive manner they are meant. Without doubt, I have the utmost respect for the high quality stones CBI produces and hands down some of THE best customer service I've seen from not only CBI, but HPD too (Wink is rather incredible). You guys are doing things right, and these are small areas of improvement that can make it even better.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

My apologies to the disruption of your thread. Your stone is absolutely amazing -- even moreso in the videos and glam shots! Great job CBI/HPD team. I can't believe how white the stone looks for the actual color grade. :love: :love: :love:

Really, this is pedantic.:eek2: Complete derail. Get your own thread??:confused:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, this is pedantic.:eek2: Complete derail. Get your own thread??:confused:

Sorry everyone.

Hey @Ella, can you please edit/remove all my comments from this thread so that nothing remains that isn't relative? Please & thanks! :cool2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry everyone.

Hey @Ella, can you please edit/remove all my comments from this thread so that nothing remains that isn't relative? Please & thanks! :cool2:
Now you wanna waste Ella's time??...
rotflmao2.gif
:P2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stone is being set already, and Melissa said she should have it back sometime this week (not surprisingly HPD is super busy right now!)

I'm going to wire $$ today or tomorrow, and hope to have the ring on my finger within the week (hopefully). I'M SO FLIPPING EXCITED YOU GUYS!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs if I commented already, I’ll comment again...

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow :love:

Can’t wait to see more photos!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melissa @Winks_Elf called me today with GREAT news! My stone has been graded by AGS as a 1.04 N VS1! They expected it to finish at 1.01, so I'm thrilled that it came out bigger than expected (I was worried about it finishing at less than 1 ct). Melissa said I'll have videos once they get it back from grading, and I am going to send them my setting on Mon/Tues of next week. SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I can’t believe that is an N color!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my jaw just DROPPED! :eek-2: :love::love::love::love:I'm so excited for you! :appl:I want one!:cry2:

LoveWins

Rough_Rock
Well then, you can always join the CBI family in the future. I am sure @Wink and the rest of us would welcome you with open arms.

I agree come on over to CBI! The stones, service, Wink and the ladies are absolutely amazing. So much so I prefer to work with them moving forward for all my jewelry needs in the future. Seriously words are not enough for how much I admire them!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 10.57.53 AM.png

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty! I love the setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results