shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS 000 (Triple Zero) - please help me clarify

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
Hey all - I''ve noticed a a few PS members using the term AGS000 in reference to various stones they own or are looking at buying. I thought that I read somewhere once that the three zeros in the AGS000 rating refer to the AGS Cut, Color and Clarity grades...so an AGS000 should really be a D color, IF diamond with a 0-graded cut.

Am I wrong on that? Do the three zeros actually refer to the Polish, Symmetry, and Proportion grades on the AGS certificate?

Sorry for the dumb question. Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TECHNICALLY yes AGS 000 (triple zero) is D (Ideal Color) IF (Ideal Clarity) Ideal Cut (Pol, Symm, Prop).

But on PScope people often use it as 'slang' to describe Ideal Polish, Symmetry and Proportion to equal Ideal Cut. So if you see it referred to often here on Pscope, it's the latter and not the former 'true' way.

1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Mara is absolutely right!
2.gif
That's PS slang for ya! If you see AGS000 G, VS2, for example, they mean it is an Ideal Cut.
2.gif

Proper use of AGS000 would indicate a D color, Internally Flawless diamond with an Ideal Cut.
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results