shape
carat
color
clarity

Agent of my own happieness

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock

Hello wonderful ones!

As a new LIW I have some serious diamond fever, but I know that my man doesn''t have the finances to get me a ring any time soon, so I''ve decided that to address my desire to own an diamond, I will just get myself one for a RHR.

I''m thinking a nice Art Deco 1920s peice - something not too fancy, slightly tinted diamond etc.
(He can take the time to get me the perfect rock).
I''m a strong believer in taking the reins of one''s own destiny.

Has anyone else considered taking such drastic action?

bold as brass,
HD

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea! I tried that idea on my SO and he flipped out haha. But seriously, if you really want a diamond and know he won''t be able to get you one soon, there''s nothing wrong with getting yourself a cool diamond :) GL!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! I''m a huge fan of RHR''s. I''m planning on getting myself one for my 25th birthday, although I think I''m going to go with tourmaline or tsavorite instead of a diamond.

Post pics if/when you get yours. You know we love to see them :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yep. I did. A tiny little diamond stack band from a B&M (this was pre-PS), nothing very pricey. But I did and I still wear it every day as a RHR and over time I''m planning to get two more, one in yellow and one in rose gold so I can stack them up.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that you should treat yourself to something nice if you have the means! The only thing I would caution is to make sure your right hand ring doesn't look too much like an engagement ring (i.e. a solitaire or a three stone ring). Imagine how emasculated your boyfriend would feel if you essentially got yourself a bigger engagement ring than he can afford to give you. So, I'd think of getting something like a colored diamond or a diamond band for yourself.

On the one hand, you should be able to get yourself what you want, but on the other hand, taking into consideration the feelings of your partner is also important. Have fun ring shopping!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
YUP! Already did it :)

I have two diamond RHRs.. one stone is about .25 cts and the other .30
one is a solitaire and i keep meaning to get it re-set into something that looks more right-hand-ring-ish but i can''t stand to part with it long enough for anyone to re-set it into anything.
12.gif
Plus it would take me FOREVER just to find a setting I like to put it in.

keep us updated on what you decide to get! how exciting!
36.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I think thats an awesome idea and I''d totally follow in your footsteps if I had the $$
3.gif
One day I''ll treat myself to a gorgeous RHR. Let us know what you choose! (with pictures
31.gif
31.gif
)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other than my engagement ring, I''ve bought all my own diamond jewellery, both before I got engaged and after I got married. He''s not interested, I am, so I buy. There''s no reason not to do something for yourself if you can afford it.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
sounds like a great idea, I''d love to see pictures of styles you''re thinking

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:54:40 PM
Author:HopeDream

Hello wonderful ones!

As a new LIW I have some serious diamond fever, but I know that my man doesn''t have the finances to get me a ring any time soon, so I''ve decided that to address my desire to own an diamond, I will just get myself one for a RHR.

I''m thinking a nice Art Deco 1920s peice - something not too fancy, slightly tinted diamond etc.
(He can take the time to get me the perfect rock).

I''m a strong believer in taking the reins of one''s own destiny.

Has anyone else considered taking such drastic action?

bold as brass,
HD
Yup, over and over and over, LOL! I''ve got quite the little collection due to this
31.gif

I say, do whatever makes you happy...and I can''t wait to see your antique ring. Ebay has some good finds if you look carefully and don''t forget local jewelry stores that sell antiques. I found the most precious deco ring at one. Even though I think I was overcharged, I still love it.
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Your idea is fantastic. I LOVE IT!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I debate often on getting a new RHR. (like an eternity band
30.gif
) I've got one now with a tiny little diamond in it that FF gave me. But....I then think that after I get an e-ring, I'm not sure I will want to wear a RHR so I just continue to wear the one I have for now. Sounds like a wonderful idea though!
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a great idea. I buy myself jewellery a lot as D isn''t that into it. Let us know what you pick!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Go for it! If it makes you happy then do it
1.gif

Are you taking any suggestions? Have a price limit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results