shape
carat
color
clarity

Age Old question - Help me with a Cushion Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purged

Rough_Rock
Hello:

I''m looking to buy a small cushion cut, somewhere in the 90 pt range. I have some stats, and the dealer (ID Jewelry from this site) is going to send me some pictures. What should I be looking for in a cushion? Has anyone else used this dealer before and found them reputable? Thanks in advance!

Do these stats add up?

Diamond Information:
Carat: 0.90
Color: D
Clarity: VVS1
Ratio: 1.14
Diamond Proportions:
Measurements: 5.96x5.23x3.45
Depth Percentage: 66.00
Table Percentage: 54.00
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Very Thick
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Culet: None

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 2:30:40 AM
Author: ZeroBullChip
I have also found this one at James Allen...

http://www.jamesallen.com/grading_report.asp?pic=1205939&type=2

I was wondering if anything negative stands out here?
I would ask for some more pics and an Idealscope image on this one. Post the pics of the first when you get them, also did you prefer very high colour and clarity? You might know you could lower both comfortably but this is a personal preference.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask for a straight on shot of the first stone, like the JA diamond has.

If you do a search on here for ID you should get a few threads. This is the most recent.

purged

Rough_Rock
Pic 1

IMG_8849.jpg

purged

Rough_Rock
Pic 2

IMG_8858.jpg

purged

Rough_Rock
Pic 3

IMG_8860.jpg

purged

Rough_Rock
The above is a different stone. Similar in cut, proportion, etc...

Color: D
Clarity: VVS1
Ratio: 1.13
Diamond Proportions:
Measurements: 6.31x5.59x3.32
Depth Percentage: 59.40
Table Percentage: 52.00
Girdle: TN-VTK
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Fluorescence: N
Culet: N

purged

Rough_Rock
The GIA report also states under characteristics "indented naturals" and "Surface Graining" I was wondering what exactly that means in lehman''s terms.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
With a clarity grade of 'VVS1' I wouldn't worry about surface graining or indented naturals. But based on the pic, I don't like the cut nor proportions. I know you can do much much better with that budget. Try going to as low as F/VS2 - G/SI1 to see if you can spot the difference in color/clarity.

Also when it comes to cushion, many here would recommend Mark at ERD or Jon at GoG. Those guys really know how to pick out great looking cushions.
9.gif

Here's a couple of nice ones from GoG:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5671/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5672/

Arrggh!! These cushions weren't around when I was searching for them a few weeks back!
39.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Ah yes...the "Age Old Question" indeed! The "Age Old Question" to ask yourself is, have you decided what *you* are looking for in a cushion? Square, rectangular, modern, chunky/antique, culet/no culet, and so on...

The first from ID and JA are rectangular...the two from GOG are square. Out of the bunch, I like the 2nd from GOG.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results