shape
carat
color
clarity

Age defying??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Over cleansing
33.gif
...Hmm....so the facial cleanser is a problem? I used Cetaphil to wash my face.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh, then you''re just a grease bomb. LOL j/k Cetaphil is really gentle. I woulndn''t suggest shea butter for oily skin...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Now you all have me very interested in this shea butter--but I wonder if I can get it at The Body Shop locally. Shipping to Canada for such things is such a pain. Anyone tried any of the other products they feature there?

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
canuk- they don''t have unrefined at the body shop. Maybe try to find an ebay seller in canada!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t patronize the Body Shop. I didn''t like the way Anita Roddick acted towards America after the 9/11 attacks and then retracted it when she saw what effect that had on sales in her shops. She made her millions off of Americans and if she had said it and had a spine I would have had more respect for her whether or not I agreed with it. I refuse to line her pockets.

That said, I am sure you can probably arrange something through Nasabb or an ebay seller.

As far as using it on oily skin, if you are only oily on your tzone you can get away with it around the eyes, on the lips and on the cheeks. Otherwise on the body you should be fine.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''ll try to find an unrefined product closer to home--online sucks with taxes with smaller products...for goodness sakes I got charged duty on an information package for a research conference!

BTW, if this product is unrefined--and hence no preservatives--how does one keep it "fresh"? Applying creme with ones fingers introduces...... should I find it locally, is it supposed to be refridgerated? Small considerations but......

cheers--Sharon

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unrefined pretty much means it hasn''t been messed with. No bleaching no removal of the natural benefits of the nut

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 11:10:13 PM
Author: Bobo ^__*
http://www.agbangakarite.com/

this website also sells unrefined shea butter....I wonder if there is a difference?
A few of the lotions from this site are scented with raspberry and other ingredients probably to help mask the nutty odor. I''m going to purchase the face cream and will report back. . .looks like this company (Alaffia) makes their products in WA so there is a store nearby my house that sells some of the stuff, so I can easily return if I don''t like it.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 1:26:06 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Date: 8/17/2005 11:10:13 PM

Author: Bobo ^__*

http://www.agbangakarite.com/

this website also sells unrefined shea butter....I wonder if there is a difference?
A few of the lotions from this site are scented with raspberry and other ingredients probably to help mask the nutty odor. I''m going to purchase the face cream and will report back. . .looks like this company (Alaffia) makes their products in WA so there is a store nearby my house that sells some of the stuff, so I can easily return if I don''t like it.
Hi MichelleCarmen, since I already order a sample from the website ame recommended, please let me know your feed back on the face cream from http://www.agbangakarite.com/ Thanks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I found a local shop that carries a unrefined shea butter and other cream combo''s with the same in it. All out of stock at present--will check again mid Sept. I hope it will be good for my son''s mild ecezma as well as those reputed age defying properties!

cheers--Sharon

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
i have to tell you ladies, i ordered some of the shea butter. i was putting it on in the morning and before bed. the second day my fiance said he just couldn''t stand the smell and if i wouldn''t mind just putting it on in the morning cause he really didn''t like cuddling me when i smelled like ash! that night he slept on the complete opposite side of the bed.

the texture isn''t as i was expecting either. i read over and over again how smooth it was supposed to be but there are little bits of something grainy in it. does anyone else find it hard to smooth out over a larger area like you legs?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL....My hubby can't even smell it. You have to do it about 10 minutes before bed or it may still smell...And unrefined is definitely not smooth...refined is. you have to take it and rub it in your hands to make it melt...it's not the easiest to apply but I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2005 1:11:35 PM
Author: jennyann2
he really didn''t like cuddling me when i smelled like ash! that night he slept on the complete opposite side of the bed.
HI:

You mean this is all I have to do to keep my husband away from me? You''d think after twenty years I would have learned.....
41.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ROTFL!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results