shape
carat
color
clarity

AGA Princess Cut charts: please help me interpret

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smitty333

Rough_Rock
If there is a diamond with a depth of 71.7% and a table of 64%, is that totally out of whack? Meaning, should these numbers be closer together? Also which one of the following depth and table percentages is more desirable?

D 70.7%
T 78.0%

or

D 71.7%
T 64.0%

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS education and collective opinions goes through phases.

So I guess I''ll give you both sides.

1. Doesn''t mean anything, one is not better than the other. Pics/ASET???
3.gif

2. Table is too big on stone 1. Find something with more traditionally accepted proportions.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These charts will help you with screening standard shape princess cuts, but because of the odd way in which AGS 0 princess cuts are now configures, these charts really don''t give a result for those particular diamonds. Things change!

There are thousands of times as many standard princess cuts floating around as AGS 0 stones. So, the charts can be very useful, especially for the buyer on a budget or without good access to AGS 0 graded ones.

Ohio Rocks

Rough_Rock
David,

How would a AGA graded 1B princess compared to an AGS 0?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An AGS0 can range from 1A down to 2B on the AGA-charts, with 2B being mostly because of a depth higher than 75%. Personally, we choose to cut with that higher depth, because of the resulting light performance, so I consider it unwise to just combine the two methods.

A 1B on AGA can score anything from AGS-0 down to probably AGS-10, because there are too many variables still open.

Is this somewhat clear?

smitty333

Rough_Rock
Thank you, this is clear. It is just hard because my logical mind tells me that a D 70.7 and t 78 should not anywhere near as good as a D71.7 T64. However, LOOKING at these stones in person, I cannot tell much of a difference. They both have loads of brilliance and fire , and the larger table stone faces up much larger.

Is it stupid to get all hung up on the numbers (specifically that large table)? As a student, this is the largest purchase (outside of my enducation) I have ever made, and it is most defintely the most important and most meaningful. I don''t want to choose poorly.

Smitty333

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results