shape
carat
color
clarity

AGA Grade for an ASSCHER???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
Sent my diamond to David Atlas and Chris was wonderfull to work with....

He said that there arent really any paramaters on the ASSCHER but felt it was

a

3A (notes said typical for the cutting style)????

He did say the stone was everything GIA said it was.....

G

VS2

VG Pollish

Good Sym

Closed Culet

5.67 x 5.74 x 3.95

Depth 69.7

Table 59

EXCELLENT BRILLIANCY and WELL PORPORTIONED was also noted(very happy about the brilliancy)

Flour is NEGLIGIBLE but on the GIA report it said NONE(should this be a concern?)

appraised value of the stone i was given was $9000

I paid $3600.....

Does anything stand out as odd or worrisome???

If not it will be SET by weeks end!

Thanks

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a lovely stone, according to what David Atlas said, it's just below a fine International cut, and it is a US Domestice Average cut

Here's another 1.09 G, VS2 for $4,628

http://whiteflash.com/emerald/Emerald-cut-diamond-438890.htm

Seems you paid almost $1K less, and this one falls within 3A citting class as well....

I say set that bad boy!!! And start posting pics!!!
3.gif
9.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/11/2004 10:24:27 AM Nicrez wrote:

It sounds like a lovely stone, according to what David Atlas said, it's just below a fine International cut, and it is a US Domestice Average cut

Here's another 1.09 G, VS2 for $4,628

http://whiteflash.com/emerald/Emerald-cut-diamond-438890.htm

Seems you paid almost $1K less, and this one falls within 3A citting class as well....

I say set that bad boy!!! And start posting pics!!!
3.gif
9.gif

----------------
That is an EMERALD CUT you posted a link for ....I do think i got a very good price for the size color,clarity and seemingly EXCELLENT BRILLIANCE too boot

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About fluorescence... terma like 'none', 'faint' and 'neglijable' are used for, well almost-not-there fluorescence by different labs: nothing to worry about, as far as I know.

The other data look good too and I am very curious about how brilliance is judged for these stones! No doubt experience is the best guide here, and your stone has received the right approval.

Will we get to see the ring ?
2.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Dear god, I am so silly this morning. It started with two different color socks I caught just in time! So sorry, but for an Asscher I do think it's a good price regardless...Sorry...
15.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/11/2004 10:54:36 AM valeria101 wrote:

About fluorescence... terma like 'none', 'faint' and 'neglijable' are used for, well almost-not-there fluorescence by different labs: nothing to worry about, as far as I know.

The other data look good too and I am very curious about how brilliance is judged for these stones! No doubt experience is the best guide here, and your stone has received the right approval.

Will we get to see the ring ?
2.gif

----------------

Of course you all will get to see the ring(in its custom made platinum setting!!)

Chris at David Atlas seemed very sincere when i spoke to him and he said the stone looked AWESOME....

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Is this a Royal Asscher or a generic one?

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/11/2004 11:10:07 AM Hest88 wrote:

Is this a Royal Asscher or a generic one?
----------------

GENERIC???

Dont you know that they dont call FAUX FINISHES FAUX anymore!!

they are DECORATIVE FINISHES!!

as for ROYAL ASSCHERS and ASSCHERS they are 2 different stones

BOTH ARE BRANDED STONES!!!

the NEW ROYAL ASSCHER has i believe 74 facets....it was developed not so long ago....so prior to the ROYAL ASSCHER there was the ASSCHER that is a 58 facet step cut stone....

so to answer your question.....NO IT IS NOT GENERIC!!

NOR IS IT A BRANDED ASSCHER....

the gia calls it a SQUARE CUT EMERALD(which is what the ORIGINAL ASSCHER was/is)

but I know the PRICE difference btwn the 2 is HUGE

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
also FWIW..I went to the royal asscher web site and took a sample of their dimensions and found that MOST SQ Emeralds dont conform....this diamond was within the Depth & Table avgs...unlike most i looked at

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Um...okay. Well, do what you'd like then.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I think you paid a very fair price on a quite possibly very attractive stone.
9.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
appl.gif
Pictures COMING SOON
lickout.gif

roshita

Rough_Rock
It looks like you have a very nice stone. Good price and great comment by Chris at David Atlas' office that it looks awsome. As a square cut stone, if the pavillion depth and the crown height is cut right then there should very good, even brilliance. Seems they have confirmed that.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/12/2004 1:25:55 PM roshita wrote:

It looks like you have a very nice stone. Good price and great comment by Chris at David Atlas' office that it looks awsome. As a square cut stone, if the pavillion depth and the crown height is cut right then there should very good, even brilliance. Seems they have confirmed that.
----------------
I dont know the pavillion depth but the crown height is 12.1%

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great find!

Just one note -- you might have Chris list various prices on the appraisal, rather than just retail value if you are going to insure it. You will pay insurance on the appraised value, but most insurance companies will have the right to replace the ring rather than give you the money. Thus they'll spend approx $4k to replace the stone while you pay premiums on the $9k number if that is the only value listed on the appraisal.

Can't wait to see the pics! Who is doing the setting?

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/13/2004 10:50:08 AM lop wrote:

Sounds like a great find!

Just one note -- you might have Chris list various prices on the appraisal, rather than just retail value if you are going to insure it. You will pay insurance on the appraised value, but most insurance companies will have the right to replace the ring rather than give you the money. Thus they'll spend approx $4k to replace the stone while you pay premiums on the $9k number if that is the only value listed on the appraisal.

Can't wait to see the pics! Who is doing the setting?
----------------

I was able to get a "CASH OUT" policy with Chubb so if ANYTHING happens i get the APPRAISED VALUE that I am paying the premium on....total appraised value is going to be over $10,000 after it is set.

$1.15/$100 for the insurance....Chubb directed me to PLI and they ended my RUNAROUND that i had been getting

I have to ck and see if the person that made the setting would like to be acknowledged or not.

the custom setting isnt elaborate but i was having a hard time(impossible time) finding the head that i wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results