shape
carat
color
clarity

AGA 3.2ct Cushion Cut to Replace

toriblue

Rough_Rock
I lost my engagement ring 2 years ago. I can't afford to replace the quality, size and cut of the previous ring. I have the opportunity to purchae a diamond i fell in love with on sight (after shopping for a while). A jeweler friend bought it for his wife and she doesn't like the cushion cut as the rest of her diamonds are round.

Specs
3.20 Ct
Cushion cut
9.31 x 8.68 x 5.54
Depth 63%
Table 65%
Negligible fluorescence
Slightly thick girdle
closed cutlet
Color J-although i think it is an I. there was no visible difference between the H it was sitting next to in the same size.
Sl1
2B
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: excellent

AGA cert.

15K.

Shelf price was 23K.

Please give me some thoughts. It doesn't look nearly as big as it says. i can't see the flaws-they are all in one corn where i believe one of the 4 prongs will cover.

HELP.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can you possibly post photos and a cert. # if it has one? Also, the cushion experts will request an ASET image if you can get one.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have any images?

I am hoping Dave Atlas will be able to chime in as he knows more about the AGA cut class system than anyone :) I would advise you to look at the diamond in different lighting to ensure that you like it (jewelry store spotlighting is different than the lighting you will see the diamond in most of the time)

also I would trust the 'J' color grade, it may look similar to an H but some people are more sensitive to color differences. Did you judge the color face up or face down against a flat white background? color will show more from the sides of the diamond also, so that is something to consider. Of course it is possible that it is a 'high' J but I would trust the grading

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results