shape
carat
color
clarity

After purchase advice-where to hide the ring for our trip?

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Well, everything is soon to be in order with the ring, and I should have it in a few weeks.... So I've been thinking about the proposal. Happening while we are at the beach with her family. She lives with mewill travel with me, and will be sleeping in the same room. Where can I hide the ring for the first couple days of the trip until I pop the question? Looking for somewhere easily accessible, but that she would never have a reason to get into....... Any suggestions? I think I will put the ring in a safe deposit box from when I get it until we leave.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: After purchase advice-where to hide the ring for our tri

bring an extra pair of shoes and stuff it in the toe?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

inside your personal travel bag, where you put your toothbrush/toothpaste/razor, and maybe buy one of those travel soap dishes from the drugstore and keep it in there? Make up some story about sensitive skin and needing to use your own soap when you are away...??

Hidden in underwear?

Extra (but empty!) box of condoms?? :naughty:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi|1370810865|3462230 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Niel|1370811266|3462233 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant

:Up_to_something: Ya, occasionally I hit on something clever :halo:

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock

Hidden in underwear?

She could easily be into my underwear..... :mrgreen:

And one box of condoms would be out of place in my bag, let alone an extra. :devil:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jmarshall|1370812836|3462247 said:
Hidden in underwear?

She could easily be into my underwear..... :mrgreen:

And one box of condoms would be out of place in my bag, let alone an extra. :devil:

allergic to anything? i think the box of something is a good idea. Like allegra or like dayquil or something?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lol! Too funny jmarshall!

I guess your back to socks...

What would you be doing on this trip? Any gear you need to bring that you could stow it inside a compartment?

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock

I'm allergic to everything, and do take allegra.

One thing I thought was in the spare tire compartment of my car? It will be parked right outside the door, and would be easy to get to.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you are at the beach with her family, can you ask one of her family members to keep it for you? My husband proposed on vacation with a few friends, and his best friend kept the ring with him until the day my husband proposed. If you are going to ask her parents for their blessing, you could also ask them to hang on to the ring until you ask for it to propose? I'm sure they would be delighted to do so.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

jmarshall|1370813709|3462258 said:

One thing I thought was in the spare tire compartment of my car? It will be parked right outside the door, and would be easy to get to.
Not to be a jinx, but I really would not put it in my car, especially if I was driving around on vacation. Even if you park somewhere safe at night, what about during the day while you're stopping for groceries or gas... it's like tempting fate. I think carrying it on your person is the safest idea.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock

distracts|1370821595|3462343 said:
If you are at the beach with her family, can you ask one of her family members to keep it for you? My husband proposed on vacation with a few friends, and his best friend kept the ring with him until the day my husband proposed. If you are going to ask her parents for their blessing, you could also ask them to hang on to the ring until you ask for it to propose? I'm sure they would be delighted to do so.

I had thought about that, but I wasn't going to show them the ring at all ahead of time...... and don't want any temptation to peek.

peacechick|1370825356|3462370 said:
jmarshall|1370813709|3462258 said:

Not to be a jinx, but I really would not put it in my car, especially if I was driving around on vacation. Even if you park somewhere safe at night, what about during the day while you're stopping for groceries or gas... it's like tempting fate. I think carrying it on your person is the safest idea.

That's true.... I intend to the day that I am going to propose...... but what about the first day or two? Going to arrive saturday afternoon, planning to propose mon or tues.....

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Just don't do what one guy did .... hid it in an old jacket and then donated it to Good Will!

I suggest ring in a ring pouch in a coloful pair of socks jammed into a shoe! Do not check in this bag!!

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock

CharmyPoo|1370835678|3462471 said:
Just don't do what one guy did .... hid it in an old jacket and then donated it to Good Will!

I suggest ring in a ring pouch in a coloful pair of socks jammed into a shoe! Do not check in this bag!!

Inside a pair of socks might be a good idea....

What does anyone think of asking her parents to hold it for me?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Honestly, I would trust no one else with the ring. They would feel so bad if they lost it. Awkward all around.

I'd buy one of those secret travel pouches and carry it around with me at all times. Yes I'm paranoid!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

jmarshall|1370864306|3462572 said:
CharmyPoo|1370835678|3462471 said:

Inside a pair of socks might be a good idea....

What does anyone think of asking her parents to hold it for me?
There's nothing as boring as a pair of rolled up socks and that makes it perfect. If they're thick, the ring box could probably fit and not look strange.

anners11

Rough_Rock

This is perfect! But I have no clue where to get it, maybe contact him directly through this website? It's a really cool design and concept.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Packed-Engagement-ring/1357519

My other thought is to have a "secret compartment" in your duffle bag and leave the ring safely in there. You can hide the ring box in the car until you need it.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock

anners11|1370873165|3462610 said:
My other thought is to have a "secret compartment" in your duffle bag and leave the ring safely in there. You can hide the ring box in the car until you need it.

This is a good idea. I know that there is a compartment in my duffel/ suitcase that would work, I was just worried that the ring box would be noticeable in the compartment, and my GF is nosy/suspicious.......

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Any chance you can ship it ahead to where you are staying and have them hold it for you in their safe? I have picked up things in the business centre of hotels I've stayed at - does where you are going, have a facility like that? FedEx or UPS office you could ship it to and pick up when you arrive - on the day you want to propose??

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock

Circe|1370880061|3462675 said:
Get one of those "secret compartment" cans of shaving cream (like this: http://safetycentral.com/barshavcre...medium=adwords&id=18283950120&utm_content=pla).

That would look even more suspicious in my bag than the condoms.

921605_10152779740260533_496201476_o.jpg

Enerchi|1370885743|3462743 said:
Any chance you can ship it ahead to where you are staying and have them hold it for you in their safe? I have picked up things in the business centre of hotels I've stayed at - does where you are going, have a facility like that? FedEx or UPS office you could ship it to and pick up when you arrive - on the day you want to propose??

I don't know that I would trust that that all would go right.....I think once the ring is here in my hands, I'm not shipping it a second time.

921605_10152779740260533_496201476_o.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you know how to sew? You can sew it inside the pocket of something. Sew it nice and tight so it doesn't slide out, but you'll def be strong enough to rip it out and break the thread yourself when you need it for the proposal.

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock

madelise|1370892230|3462811 said:
Do you know how to sew? You can sew it inside the pocket of something. Sew it nice and tight so it doesn't slide out, but you'll def be strong enough to rip it out and break the thread yourself when you need it for the proposal.

Do I know how to sew? To an extent. Am I confident enough in my abilities to trust an $8-9,000 ring to my skills? No way.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Don't give it to her parents! I am hoping you are going to surprise them with the actual proposal timing itself! It is fun for the family to be surprised, too! I think as long as you two pack separately, it shouldn't be too hard to hide it in your bags inside something else.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hide it in your beard!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

Just a thought but I never wear my rings on the beach, around sand or in the water.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Box in sock is looking like the way to go!

Just don't then ask her, hey, before you come down, do you mind grabbing me a pair of socks? Not that I've done that myself...

Honestly, it'll be a great surprise as to when, but chances are that she knows it's coming anyhow. If she stumbles on the ring box while on vacation with her family she's going to know what's up. Hopefully she'll be kind enough to keep it to herself and not peak at the ring.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

yes you just need to hide it in a sock or something but certainly don't post where you are going to put it I usually put my rings in my vial of pills while i am running........

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results