carat
color
clarity

After Much Deliberation, I Found the Stone... Now, the Ring

supraacumen

Rough_Rock
All,

Thank you all for all of your advice and helpful links in my previous topic:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-stone-for-a-long-time-lurker-first-time-poster.160018/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-stone-for-a-long-time-lurker-first-time-poster.160018/[/URL]

After many hours of deliberation between the various stones, I received an unexpected, albeit pleasant surprise from my girlfriend the other day. She had mentioned that one of her friends had gotten engaged a few months ago, and she finally saw said friend (and said friend's ring) over the past weekend. Long story short, my girlfriend basically answered the question of size vs. color in saying that she did not like the colorlessness of her friend's diamond, as she said it looked too "lab created" (her exact words) and that she preferred a warmer, "livelier" stone. Needless to say, I was quite thrilled to hear her say something like this because it puts to rest the burning question I've been sitting on for the past week. Thus, the center stone will be:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7804/

Now, I've taken all of your suggestions to heart, and I most definitely scrapped any of the settings I had been looking at previously. After thinking about the center stone, and my girlfriend's personality, I came to the conclusion that an elegant, engraved setting might help bring out the antique-ness of the stone and be exactly in line with what my girlfriend never knew she ever wanted. So, with a bit of help with Sarah at GOG, I have come upon this e-ring and wedding band combination.

I think this is far superior to my previous attempt to find a setting, and I wanted to get some input from others as to whether or not you think this setting complements the chosen center stone. Thank you all so very much for taking the time to help a novice, your helpful suggestions and comments are truly and greatly appreciated.

With utmost gratitude,
Gregory

DSCN1851.JPG

DSCN1852.JPG

DSCN1911.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: After Much Deliberation, I Found the Stone... Now, the R

Gorgeous! And how fortuitous your gf made that comment 8)

slg47

Ideal_Rock

love it! and so glad that you know your girlfriend's preferences about color :) I think this setting suits the stone really nicely :)

Bibbi

Rough_Rock

very beautiful all together! i like the stone's cut and how it shows a bit of life with it's coloring - so great she made that comment to you! The setting is very delicate and antiquey - i like it very much!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

that setting suits the stone perfectly!! Great job!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it is a gorgeous set, too! Try to find out the name/maker of it for us!

supraacumen

Rough_Rock

The setting and band are from Beverley K: http://www.beverleyk.com/ and it seems that this designer does nothing but engraving/art deco designs. I am so thrilled that the response is much, much, much more positive than before, as I had a sinking feeling that I would never find the design/style that was right. I have attached a few more pictures of the setting/band so that you might get a better feel for the design.

Thank you all so very much, as you all have made this experience so much more enjoyable.
Gregory

DSCN1853.JPG

DSCN1854.JPG

DSCN1858.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock

well you definitely found the right design :) it will be perfect with that beautiful AVC! Please post pics of the finished ring when you get them :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

ahh, Beverley K, no wonder we all liked it! BK is a very popular designer around here for antique styles. You made a great choice because their rings are very well made. Please post pictures of the completed ring once it's all done!! It's going to be stunning..

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Stunning design. I love the setting (and I don't say that a lot).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm loving that setting with that stone...will be a beautiful set!

Rock-a-Fella

Rough_Rock

supraacumen|1305603273|2923679 said:
I had a sinking feeling that I would never find the design/style that was right. I have attached a few more pictures of the setting/band so that you might get a better feel for the design.

Thank you all so very much, as you all have made this experience so much more enjoyable.
Gregory

Gregory,

I know the feeling. Luckily for me, I had a few friends who were recently engaged, and I too had the benefit of learning from her opinions of other people's rings. As someone who selected an old mine diamond and sought an engraved, micropave setting, I love your choice. The AVC with that setting will be fantastic, and I am sure that she will love it. Congrats on reaching this point. Only a few more steps to go.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrssalvo|1305638247|2923831 said:
ahh, Beverley K, no wonder we all liked it! BK is a very popular designer around here for antique styles. You made a great choice because their rings are very well made. Please post pictures of the completed ring once it's all done!! It's going to be stunning..

Ha, so true!!! Our taste is very consistent, isn't it MrsS?!

Excellent choice, Gregory! :love: Honestly, if I was considering a reset, this would be high up on my list!

What a gorgeous set! Your lovely stone would look right at home in that setting. :appl:

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock

supraacumen,

I know it's been awhile - but any chance you have a picture of the completed ring? hand shots?

supraacumen

Rough_Rock

lepetitematin said:
supraacumen,

I know it's been awhile - but any chance you have a picture of the completed ring? hand shots?

Thank you all for so many kind remarks. I know this response is quite long overdo, but I certainly haven't forgotten about all of the wonderful help that I received on the forum. At the moment, lepetitematin, I still do not have pictures of the completed ring! This is mostly a result of circumstances; however, I take full responsibility on this front. Nevertheless, I will have pictures coming this August, and I will post them here when all is said and done. Until then, I apologize for such a long wait. Thank you all once again for all of your help! You all helped make her answer much simpler! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results