shape
carat
color
clarity

Afghan Emeralds Panshjir Valley

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

christopher123

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I''m currently working with the military in Afghanistan. I''ve bought several emeralds from the Panshjir Valley. These emeralds are suppose to be of excellent quality.

1. My first question is what is the best lab to send the emeralds to? I''ll be visiting Bangkok next month and heard there are some quality labs there. However I want to be certain the lab is recognized and reputable.

2. Also, I''m very interested in selling these emeralds. Is there a demand for these emeralds, and where would I begin finding buyers?

Thanks in advance to all replies.

Very Respectfully,

chris
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Chris!

I don''t know much about coloured stones, but we do have some prosumers and experts who do, hopefully they will be able to chime in later on and offer some advice.

Keep bumping your thread until someone answers, coloured stones tends not to be as busy as Rocky Talk which as you probably know, is diamond based.

Look after yourself and you should get better help later on!
35.gif

christopher123

Rough_Rock
Lorelei,

Thank you for your prompt reply and kind words.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are most welcome Chris! Take care!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump for Christopher as I spy Chrono!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Lorelei! Didn''t see this until you bumped it up. Thanks.

Chris,
I''m just a pro wanna be, so I''ll answer as best as I can. Just because the emeralds come from the famed valley doesn''t automatically mean they are of great quality - they still have to be looked at individually. Many factors will affect the asking price (clarity, colour - hue, tone and saturation, cutting, and of course, size). Are these already cut? Any enhancement? Heating? Oiling?

1. There''s the GIT: Gem and Jewelry Institute of Thailand and there''s AIGS:Asian Institute of Gem Sciences.

2. No idea about selling. Sorry.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono and MZ!!
35.gif

christopher123

Rough_Rock
Chrono,

Thanks so much for answering my query. Yes the emeralds are already cut and weigh in from 2-4 carats each. I don''t know whether or not they''ve been treated. This is why I would like to find a reputable lab to view them. Again I really appreciate your reply.

Respectfully,

chris

christopher123

Rough_Rock
Movie Zombie,

Thanks so much for the wealth of information. I''ll contact Vincent promptly. This is a wonderful site and I''m delighted I stumbled across it. Thanks again to you and everyone for your generosity.

Respectfully,

chris

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Chris, as a vet myself, I don''t want to disappoint you, but you should brace yourself for the possibility that they''re synthetic. If you''re not an experienced gem dealer, buying emeralds in Afghanistan is asking for trouble.

But if you''re going to Bangkok, yes, AIGS is the place to go.

Vincent can fill you in the details of value and resale, if they''re real.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cap''n for your help!

christopher123

Rough_Rock
Cpt. Aubrey,

Thank you very much for your reply. The information you provided is good to know. I appreciate the tip.

Respectfully,

chris

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck, chris! if you feel like it and get a chance, let us know what you find out about your purchases.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results