shape
carat
color
clarity

Affordable black Tahitian pearl studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, for my birthday, I have asked my fiance for another set of pearl stud earrings. The first pair he gave me awhile ago, which I adore, are pink freshwater pearls from Blue Nile. We are saving for a wedding/house so trying to keep the pearls at $100 or less. My favorite are the Tahitian black pearls and the gold Akoya pearls. Could you tell me if there are any quality pearl earring studs at this price?? Or am I totally crazy/naive here?

Thank you!
36.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 8:21:34 AM
Author:laughwithme
Hi all, for my birthday, I have asked my fiance for another set of pearl stud earrings. The first pair he gave me awhile ago, which I adore, are pink freshwater pearls from Blue Nile. We are saving for a wedding/house so trying to keep the pearls at $100 or less. My favorite are the Tahitian black pearls and the gold Akoya pearls. Could you tell me if there are any quality pearl earring studs at this price?? Or am I totally crazy/naive here?

Thank you!
36.gif
As far as tahitian studs, i haven't seen any for around 100.

I did find a pair of baroque tahitians at PP for 140.
link: http://www.pearlparadise.com/80-90-to-110-120-mm--AAA-Quality-Tahitian-Baroque-Leverback-Earrings467.aspx
I adore tahitians and have a pair of studs. Mine are 9mm but they were over 300 for round so not sure if 100 is doable.

As far as golden akoyas, hmm haven't seen any at all. Didn't even realize they come in that color. The akoyas I did see are about 6-6.5mm with silver or rose overtones and they start at only $50 at Pearl Paradise.

Try checking Pearl Outlet, The Pearl Source, Pearls of Joy and see what they have.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 8:21:34 AM
Author:laughwithme

Thank you!
36.gif
Hi Laughwithme! Happy upcoming birthday!

Would you consider a compromise? The Pearl Outlet has some beautiful black Akoya earrings and you could get a lovely pair of AA+ graded studs in a 7.5mm size for $85. I have purchased several items from the outlet and been very pleased with everything I have received. They also have great customer service so you could probably call and talk to them about any specifics you would like.

The least expensive Tahitians I could find on their site started at $195 so that sounds to be out of your budget.

Whatever you find, you must come back with photos of course!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you call the vendors, they might be able to put together a set of tahitian earrings for you closer to $100 using lower quality pearls. The pearls that are used for earrings are typically gem quality. However, b/c they''ll be custom made, you probably won''t be able to return them.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
I have been on the lookout recently for reasonably-priced tahitian studs too...they are such beautiful pearls! So far the cheapest round studs I''ve found are these for $195 at the Pearl Outlet.

A cheaper route if you are not "set" on earrings might be to go for a pendant, here is one for $120.

Have a happy birthday!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I know Pearl Outlet had an 8mm pair of golden akoyas on their sale page around Mother''s Day, you might want to give them a ring to see if they''ve got anymore. You might try an Ebay seller like Pearllunar to see if you can find a deal.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pearloutlet has a pair of black tahitian studs in there daily deals for 135 dollars.
I''d check that out asap.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 2:05:29 PM
Author: ckrickett
pearloutlet has a pair of black tahitian studs in there daily deals for 135 dollars.
I bought a pair!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 2:08:35 PM
Author: brightlight

Date: 6/19/2009 2:05:29 PM
Author: ckrickett
I bought a pair!
I so would if I wasn''t gonna drop like a huge amount of money in the next month (SO birthday, Sisters birthday, and Parents 25th anniversary)... siiigh maybe they will have them again!!

siiiigggghhh

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Outlet has a pair for $135, which is really an amazing deal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results